Sunday, January 14, 2018

Weekly Running Update: January 14th, 2018

Hi Everyone!  Happy Sunday Funday! Hope everyone had a great week in training! (and in general of course)

My week in training: 

Monday: 5.4 miles (45 min). Day off from work. Hotel treadmill run. I usually hate treadmills, but with the recent temps and snow, I didn't mind the idea of the treadmill. Set it to a comfortable pace. Had ESPN and music on, but still found myself counting down the time. Enjoyed the break from outdoors though.
Tuesday: 3.11 miles after work. A heat wave starting today, 40's! Weather was refreshing!


Wednesday: 4 miles. My work from home day. It was a crazy morning at work. Was thankful to be able to get out there on my lunch break to reset. Refreshing run, but a little bit of pain in lower back, shins, etc. Will try to hydrate and stretch.
Thursday: 3.11 miles after work. Heat wave in affect through Friday. Still in the 50's after work! Short sleeves! Run was a bit tight to start, but felt good overall. 
Friday: 4 miles after work. 60 degrees! Rained all day, snow is gone! The rain cleared up just before my run. Was Just a mist. Got it done before the downpour resumed! 
Saturday: 6 miles at the trail (Pennypack Creek). Long run day! But according to the schedule, "only 6 miles". Yay! Shortest long run of the plan. Huge temperature drop from yesterday. 38/wind chill 16. Went out the door with no pants on, turned right back around. Another layer needed! lol  Was definitely a bit cooler, but once I got going, it felt great! Was so happy to do a trail run with no snow! After the run, decided to take a vid. With the snow melt and pouring all day yesterday, the creeks were pretty active. Wanted to get a close up, on my way down took a mud slide, close to a fall. That would have been a mess!



Saturday afternoon: enjoyed a few Nugget Nectars and an Eagles win! Nugget Nectar is a seasonal release by a Pa brewery, definitely one of my favs! 
Sunday: 1 mile. Rest day, one for the streak. Streak day 722. Woke up early, but took my time getting ready. Not much on the docket for today. Rest day mile, and knew it was going to be a bit chilly. Eventually got out around 8. Probably the best 1 miler in a bit, and it felt almost effortless. Not sure if it was the recovery, just trying to get it over with, breathing pace with the cold air, but it felt great!
This was week 4 of half marathon training for the Philadelphia Love Run, aka #LoveRunPhilly. Right after the Love Run is the Hot Chocolate 15k, #hc15k! Am using the below training program. If you're doing the #hc15k, they provide a training program as well! 
To credit the images, it was pulled Coach Jenny Hadfield's training plans
Future races registered for/considering:
  • 03/25/18 - Philadelphia Love Run half marathon. Love the love run! Check out my 2017 review here. 
  • 04/07/18 - Hot Chocolate 5k/15k!! (15k) Join me using code “BRHCPHILLY18” to score a BONUS Hot Chocolate branded cap!  
  • https://www.hotchocolate15k.com/philadelphia
    Check out my Hot Chocolate 15k post here! 
  • 05/06/18 - Broad Street Run!  Assuming I win the lottery! My 2017 review here. 

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 

If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...