Sunday, November 5, 2017

Weekly Running Update: November 5th, 2017



Hi Fellow runners!

How's everyone's training going?


My week in review: 


Monday: 5 miles at the trail. Saturday was long run day of 20 miles. Sunday was rest day. It stormed all day Sunday, am glad it helped force me rest, or I would have been out doing yard work. Did plenty of stretching and hydrating Sunday. There is the exception of having a few football beers, definitely goes against the hydration. Also tried to stay up for the World Series, that game ended up going over 5 hrs, till around 1:30 am. Gave up around 11 pm. Monday at work wasnt that bad. Usual coffee, water, etc.


To the Trail after work. Slight soreness, but expect that to be going on for a bit. But overall, felt better than expected for doing 20 a few days ago.


Also realized with daylight savings time coming up, my mid week after work runs will be coming to an end. Trail days will be limited to weekends and vacation days. :( Hate that it will get dark right after work. I dont own knuckle lights or a head lamp at the moment, my trail is closed to  dusk to dawn, but should still invest in them for my neighborhood runs.



Tuesday: 1 mile. Tuesday is a scheduled strength train day, no running. Did 1 for the streak, day 647. What do i do for strength training? Crunches, leg raises, planks, and will rotate either curls & tri ext or push-ups.
October month end: did some runs. My monthly total hasn't really changed through the marathon plan. The miles are just allocated differently. 

Wednesday: 40 minute run. Work from home day. Crazy day at work, was very thankful for the chance to get out at lunch time. It definitely releases tension, reset's/refreshes the mind for the afternoon. Also glad i got out because I ended up working late, would have been running in the dark if I waited till after work.

Thursday: Strength Training/Non-running day. One for the streak. Was up a few minutes early, decided to head out before work. Was still dark when i head out, hence the reflective gear. The past few days have been chilly, went with a long sleeve, it was humid, did not need that.

Friday: scheduled for 40 minute run, did it around the neighborhood after work. It's got some good hills, tried to avoid a couple of them, but can only avoid them for so long. 

Saturday: Long run day! scheduled for 10 for the marathon training plan. You can check my long run update here! 


Last week, I ran 20 on saturday, it rained Sunday. I skipped yard work. After my run today, i raked for over 3 hrs. So many leaves.  

Sunday: rest day. One for the streak. Day 652. Got the majority of my weekend chores done yesterday, fully taking advantage of this recovery day! 

November goals: 
  • Take taper and recovery days before the marathon seriously. Don't worry about missing 100 mi month. If it happens, it happens. Completing the marathon is this month's goal. 

Future races registered for:
  • 11/19/17 - Philadelphia Marathon, my first full! Track my training updates here.
  • 03/25/18 - Philadelphia Love Run half marathon. Love the love run! Check out my 2017 review here: Race review: #LoveRunPhilly
What is everyone currently training for? Signed up for a race? New to running, or maintaining until a race peaks interest? Whatever it is, good luck to everyone with their training, keep kicking butt!!

If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...