Sunday, November 19, 2017

Weekly Running Update: November 19th, 2017.



Hi everyone!


How's everyone's training going?!

My week in review:

Taper week, Philadelphia marathon this Sunday! Marathon training "long run" progress also tracked here!


Monday: 5 miles before work. woke up early, a week later and still not completley adjusted to daylight savings. Did some ST, and got ready to head out. Light rain, was a bit chilly. Invigorating for most of it. Wore proper layers, was warm in some places, and cold/stingy in others. Glad I got it done before work, was able to catch a movie after work, Thor!

Tuesday: rest day. 1 mile after work for the streak, day 661. Running in the dark is inevitable. Since it was just one, had some time to get my hair cut after work! 
Wednesday: 4 mi. work from home day, lunch run done. Scheduled for 30 min, did a few extra min to get 4 in. 
Thursday: 1 mi. Rest day, one for the streak. Streak day 663. Woke up just a few min early for work. Was ahead of schedule getting ready and decided to head out. Since I got my run in before work, was able to run errands after work, yay!(sarcastic yay)
Friday: 3.11 miles. Scheduled for 20-25 minutes. Did just beyond that to get a 5k in. Woke up a few min early. Was a bit chilly. Questioning my outfit for Sunday a bit less. It may warm up closer to noon, but its going to be cold enough for long sleeves for a while before that. May remove the hat and gloves at some point, but rather have them just in case. 5k went well!

Thought I may be a few min late to work, not concerend since i have so much overtime, but nope, on time!

Saturday: rest day. One for the streak, day 665. Woke up early, had some coffee, took my time getting ready since it's rest day and just one. Logged into work for a few minutes to clean some stuff up. Head out, was chilly. Definitely no longer questioning my wardrobe for tomorrow's run! The one miler felt great. Started a little faster than expected, should of pulled back a bit more, but it felt good. I am looking forward to tomorrow's run, can't wait! Ready to get the anxieties out of the way! Also ready to have a few weekend's in between training plans to mess around at my trail. 

Sunday: The "Big Day"! 26.2+ miles around Philly! Philadelphia Marathon. Had a blast today. Tight towards the end, but I think that's to be expected. Will have more details in my race review in a few days. Race review can be found here.


Future races registered for/considering:
  • 11/19/17 (today) - Philadelphia Marathon, my first full! Track my training updates here.
  • 03/24/18 - Phillies 5k. Have never done races back to back, already registered for the Love Run, but would hate to miss the Phillies 5k. "Free" baseball tickets!  2017 review here!
  • 03/25/18 - Philadelphia Love Run half marathon. Love the love run! Check out my 2017 review here. 
  • 04/07/18 - Hot Chocolate 5k/15k. Still debating on this one, will let you know!
  • May, 2018. (Date TBD) Broad Street Run!  Assuming I win the lottery! My 2017 review here. 


What is everyone currently training for? Signed up for a race? New to running, or maintaining until a race peaks interest? Whatever it is, good luck to everyone with their training, keep kicking butt!!



If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...