Sunday, April 8, 2018

Weekly Running Update: April 8th, 2018

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well! Anyone doing any races or training for one?

This week was the Allstate Hot Chocolate 15k Philly! 

My week in review:

Monday: 5 miles. Early. Tossed and turned for a bit, might as well run before work! Forecast was for 1-3 inches of snow, this is April, right? Stepped outside, it was just starting. Heavy wintry mix the entire way. Monday was also my run streak day 800! 
Tuesday:1 mile early. Work issue got me up early, worked for a few min, and there was no point in going back to bed after that. Did my core strength training workout. (crunches, planks, curls/tri extensions, butterflies, leg raises, hip thrusts). After that did my one mile for the streak. Smooth mile around the neighborhood.
Wednesday: 3.11 miles. Work from home day. Another fun night of on-call, followed by a crazy day of work, was good to get out at lunch. 60 degrees, humid, and rain, but felt great! Perfect stress reliever!
Thursday: 1 mile. Rest day. Sort of. Still did my strength training, minus the leg raises and hip thrusts. A mile for the streak. 
Friday: 2 miles. Last taper before race day! Started out a bit slower than I wanted, then faster than I wanted, finished right around the pace I was going for. lol Rainy day. Tomorrow's forecast not looking good. But I should have plenty of bad weather experience to at least hang in there. We shall see!
Saturday: 9.3 miles. Race day! Allstate Hot Chocolate 15k! One pic below, sorry, race day highlights will be in a separate post! Check my Race Review tab for all race day highlights! ;)  Update: Race review here!
Sunday: 1 mi. Rest day, one for the streak. Streak day 806. 
I recently used the below training program, this week was a variation of week 14.
To credit the images, it was pulled Coach Jenny Hadfield's training plans
Future races registered for:
  • 04/14/18 - Newport Rhode Races! Half marathon. They have 5k, half, and full marathon options! Use code "BibRave" to save 10% on race entry!
runri.us/newport-race-info/
Check out my race preview post here! 
  • 05/06/18 - Broad Street Run! This is definitely a fav! My 2017 review here. 
Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...