Sunday, May 27, 2018

Weekly Running Update: May 27, 2018

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well! Anyone doing any races this holiday weekend? If so, which one? Hope everyone gets to enjoy the long weekend. Thank you to all that have served. 

My week in training: 

Monday: 5 miles after work. Did yard work yesterday, mulch and flowers, etc. Glad to get it off the spring check list, but there's just something about yard work that hurts differently. (squatting /digging, etc). Stayed up late Sunday, Monday dragged a bit at work and in pain from the yard work. Weather was 80 and sunny, still could not resist going to the trail (Pennypack Creek). First mile was better than expected, but tired overall.
Tuesday: 3.11 miles before work. Went to bed early Monday to to catch up on sleep. Naturally, I'm up early today. At least it was natural. Might as well get up and run. Morning routine done, out the door by 6. Starting to feel better this morning. Hip/quad still feel like someone punched me, but not as bad. Lol
Wednesday: 4 miles. My work from home day, lunch run, yay! As with most lunch breaks, it's great to disconnect from work for a bit. Even better when I'm able to squeeze a run in. Perfect destresser! Hip/quad not as bad, although quads were a bit tired towards the end.
Thursday: 3.11 miles before work. Up a few min early, might as well run.
Not running related, but I do see foxes on the trail every once in a while.   Had a fox at work today! 
Friday: 5 miles before work. Last night I was thinking, I couldn't do 5 in the am unless I woke up a few min earlier, but did not want to set the alarm! Usually run after work, and then prep for Sat long run day. Well, up around 430, naturally. Tossed and turned, but I was up. Morning routine and out in time to get 5 in before work!
Saturday: 10 miles. Long run day, yay! Plans after my run, went to bed early. Woke up around 330. Time to run? No, go back to sleep! Back to sleep, up again before 5. Coffee, worked a few min, light breakfast, out early! Step out the door, humid! Weather app only said 78/humid 70's, but it was sticky! At the trail, park in the middle. To the side with a hill first. Sweating by .5, wet by 1, just got worse from there. Lol to that end and back, did not skip hydrating as I passed my car this time! Still at my normal pace, but could feel it slipping. Up the gradual incline, maybe I'll pick it up on my way back. Fueled at the 8 mile mark, probably too late. Rough, but enjoyed it. Know my hydration/fuel strategies, must adhere to them.
Saturday afternoon, work out #2. Hiking! Glen Onoko falls (Jim Thorpe, pa) 6k steps, 1000 ft accent. Warning signs along the trail that it would be treacherous, they weren't kidding. Amazing views though, waterfall after waterfall. Full photo album, here.
Sunday: rest day. one for the streak. streak day 855. Tired this morning from yesterday's run and hike, but still up at my normal time. Would have been a perfect day to sleep in with the rain as background noise. Out the door by 7, loop around the neighborhood. Didn't push it too hard today. lol Will do my best to rest the remainder of today.


Race Schedule: done with Spring/Summer races at the moment. But you can check out my recent race reviews, here! Let me know if you have any upcoming race suggestions! (Preferably within 2 hrs of Philly.) 

Fall Schedule: 
10.07.18 - Army Ten Miler? A revenge race for me. Will let you know when I'm officially registered. My 2017 review, here!

10.20.18 - Runner's World Half Festival. (5k & 10k). My 2017 5k review, here!

11.04.18 - TCS New York City Marathon! - Still can't believe I won the lottery on my 1st try!

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...