Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Weekly Running Report: November 24th, 2019

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well!


Any recent races or ones coming up? Which ones? How's training going? 


This was week 20 of 20 of marathon training for me for the the Philadelphia Marathon. Sorry, no race day details, they will be in a separate post. Sorry to leave you in suspense. ;)


My Week in Training: 

Monday: 4 miles. "Random" vacation day. Tried to sleep in, but nothing doing. Up before 6:30. taking my time getting ready, at my trail around 8. Opted for the ease of the trail this morning over my neighborhood hills. My trail Pennypack Creek. Park in the middle, Welsh and Terwood Rd. Did the more wooded side towards ByBerry Rd. Went 2.1 miles in (end is 2.6 ish), and back with a short cool down after. Comfortable day at the trail. Was very peaceful as well, only a few cars in the parking lot. Saw a deer early on, but they took off before getting close enough for a pic. Misty this morning, eventually ditched my glasses, but overall conditions weren't bad.
Tuesday: 1 mile for the streak before work. Monday, planned to go to bed early, up later than planned. One mile and no workout, tried sleeping a few minutes later, but internal clock had me up. Really taking my time this morning. 1 mile day, usually push a little harder (7:15 ish), but backed off for a comfortable 8 min.
Wednesday: 3.1 miles before work. Tues, in bed at a decent time, up a couple times, decent night's rest, but could of used more. Coffee, stretch my back out, and out the door by 6:10. Started slightly fast and backed off to about 8. Could of backed off more, but was comfortable. Except for my shin. My shin was a bit tight, almost like someone kicked it. Iced it, icy/hot, calve sleeve, and stretched. Will be keeping a close eye on it the next few days.
Thursday: 1 mile for the streak. Not the most reassuring morning. Wed, in bed by 9:30, up before my alarm clock, woke up with congestion! (plus crazy dreams!) Don't want top gross you out, but had some clearing out to do. Coffee, stretch, and out the door by 6:30. Comfortable pace, but shin still hurts a bit, feels like I was kicked. Today, I loaded up on vitamins, V8, sinus med, hydrated like heck, and KT Taped my shin. Congestion got better, but still some. Slight back pain, did an Epsom bath after work. 
Friday: 3.11 miles before work. Thu, congestion got better throughout the day, and got a good night's rest, slight congestion this morning, but much better. Shin issue almost gone this morning. Cautiosly optimistic. Coffee, stretch, and out the door by 6:10. Pulling back a bit, no pressure to maintain a pace, was comfortable throughout. My 5k route has a side street where I could cut it short if my shin was an issue, but non-issue today. Keeping the KT tape on for now and may take a dose of sinus meds, but doesnt appear that I'll need it mult times a day. Fingers crossed!
Saturday: 1 mile. Rest day, one for the streak. Run Streak day 1400! Trying to not think about the streak day, big day tomorrow. Made a point to get a good night's rest, up a few minutes later than usual, and slept in 'till 7! Still a little groggy, but couldn't fall back to sleep. Taking my time. Coffee, stretch, and out the door around 8:30. Comfortable pace the entire way. Felt good. Shin a non issue. Sinus congestion a slight issue, but manageable. Doing compression therapy and Cryotherapy a bit later today. Going over my checklist one last time and then taking it easy all afternoon. Carb load one last time, and hopefully get some sleep. Hopefully. 
Sunday: 26.2+ miles. Race day! Sorry, race day details will be in a separate post. ;)
Weekly Summary:
Miles: scheduled miles 38 / completed 39 miles
Miscellaneous cardio: no yard work this week to save my back and shoulders, will be sore raking the day after my marathon. :(
Strength Training: scheduled for 0 minutes! Taking the prescribed break.
Hydration goal (gallon) met: 7 days  
This was week 20 marathon training, using the below plan.
marathon training plan
Image from Coach Jenny Hadfield
Race Schedule: 

11.24.19 - Philadelphia Marathon. Details to be forthcoming. My review from last yr, here!

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave Joe G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...