Sunday, November 15, 2020

Weekly Running Report: November 15, 2020

 Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well! 

How's training going? Any races (IRL or virtual)?  Enjoying fall foliage? 

Reminder, if you're just skimming my blog, lol..  reminder that I also have gear and race discount tabs/pages to check out as well. :) #BibRavePro

My Week in Training: 

Monday: 11 miles. Day off from work, trail day, yay? Well.. Just a bit tired for this one. Long run Saturday, and hike that had plenty of elevation on Sunday, still feeling it, for sure. Did have a couple SundayFunday beverages, but behaved. Tried sleeping in, made it till about 6:30. Coffee and a decent workout. Over to my trail by 8:30. My trail Pennypack Creek. Park in the middle, Welsh and Terwood Rd. Starting out towards the more gradual incline side to Rockledge Park first. Wanted to do a double digit day since I had the day off, but knew it may be a struggle. Going to try to go for a comfortable pace. Pacing started out slightly faster than planned, gradually pulled back, especially as the incline went. At my first turnaround at Rockledge, briefly thought about calling it quits when I get to my car at 5.5. Got a little more comfortable along the decline. Hung in there. Hydrated at my car at 5.5. Off to the more wooded side to ByBerry Rd. Around 6.5, bumped into my friend going the opposite way and paused to b.s. for a couple minutes. Well, resuming from that break was rough. Legs were jello for a few, but actually picked up the pace slightly. Pace 8:45-8:50 ish, gradually picking it up. Incline and hill before the ByBerry Rd turnaround, felt it. Still hanging there, usually try to neg split on the way back. More of a maintenance mode. Enjoyed the scenery. Weather a bit warm for this time of year though.
Hydration goal met, foam roll done, and did an ice bath. 
Miscellaneous cardio: .5 hrs yard work  
Tuesday: 3.11 miles. Monday, in bed a few minutes late. Tired during the day, but wasn't ready for bed at 9. Up closer to 9:30. Up before my alarm, but waiting it out. Coffee, 30 minute workout done. Stretch, and out the door shortly after 6. Pacing: based on being a bit tired yesterday, was planning on doing a comfortable pace, 8:15 ish. Starting out felt decent, but with a short steep hill to start, first pace alert was 8:50. Picked it up as it levels out, 8 ish by 3 min pace alert. Working on breathing and foot strike. 7:35 mile 1. My fav hill at 1.2. Trying not to over exert, but hang in there. 7:50 ish as it levels out. Now trying to keep it under 8. Back and forth of picking it up and hanging in there for 2 later hills. Overall 7:45 ish. Not fantastic, but much better than expected for how I felt after yesterday. Made my top 15 5k's.
Hydration goal met, foam roll fail. 
Miscellaneous cardio: 1.25 hrs yard work.
Wednesday: 6 miles. Tues, in bed on time, decent rest, up just before my alarm, but a little groggy to start. Coffee, short workout, interrupted a few times, but got 30 minutes in. Stretch, and out the door by 6. Recognizing that I'm doing a few extra miles here and there, and a bit this past weekend, going to try for a "comfortable" pace. 8:15-8:30. Felt decent. Inclines, yada, yada.. Low 8's before my fav hill. 8:15 is after. Hanging in there after. Could of pushed it to bring it back down, but didn't want to over do it. Felt the later hills, faded a bit more. Humidity didn't help either. 97% humidity! Felt it early and often. Temps not that bad, but still felt it. Hills and humidity, yay.. lol.. Whatever. lol.. done! 
Hydration goal met, foam roll complete. 
Miscellaneous cardio: .5 hrs yard work
Thursday: 3.11 miles. Wed, decent rest, but still a bit groggy. Fell like I'm getting a good amount of rest, but could use just slightly more. Coffee, workout (biceps, tri's, core), routine.. Stretch my back out and out the door by 6:10. Felt pretty decent. Thu.. usually try to get some speed in. Work on breathing and off I go! First min (up hill to level) felt ok, but pace alert didn't reflect that. Took about three min to get it down and progressively got better. 7:30 by mile one. Did not feel I would be able to maintain through my hill. Backed off a bit, and still struggled. Pace alert up to 8:00 around mid way. Tried picking it up, and did, but was a challenge. Legs and lungs felt it. Humidity didn't help with the breathing. Lungs were feeling it. pace back down to high 7:20's, with two smaller hills to deal with. Powered through to maintain 7:30. Felt decent before hand, but legs felt the hills and lungs were huffing and puffing! Definitely a challenge today. But made my top 10 5k's. 
Hydration goal met, foam roll done. 
Miscellaneous cardio: 1 hr yard work.
Friday: 5 miles, scratch that, 6 miles. lol.. Thu, decent rest, but groggy again this morning. And actually slept until my alarm. Have been getting my usual amount of sleep, but a bit rougher getting up this week. Coffee, 30 min workout (chest and core) opening the basement screen door helped wake me up a bit. Stretch and out the door around 6. Brisk and misty! Started with my glasses, but ditched them early. Going for a comfortable day, 8:15-8:30. A bit slow to start and settled in. Tired, but the briskness helped. Pacing about 8 ish before my fav hill at 3.0. Hung in there, faded to about 8:10. Maintenance mode. Enjoying the run, without worrying about pace. At some point, forgot to make a turn! Not sure if I was daydreaming, or tired, but totally missed it. lol... Faded a bit more in the incline then hill in 4-5. Realized my route would probably finish around 5.5, did a couple more side blocks before the end point to cap off at 6. Tired, but enjoyed the run. 
Hydration goal met, foam roll done. 
Miscellaneous cardio: .5 hr yard work.
Saturday: 11 miles. Long run day, trail day, yay! Friday, hydrated well, carb loaded, foam roll, relax, and in bed on time. Up at 4, waited a bit to just before my alarm to get up. Coffee, routine, stretch, and over to the trail by 6:30. My trail Pennypack Creek. Park in the middle, Welsh and Terwood Rd. 
A little pre-run drama at my trail. My buddy got his car stuck on a boulder in the parking lot. Trail maintenance/rangers recently placed a few boulders around the parking lot to prevent people form parking in the grass. A couple by the entrance. He took the turn too tight and a smaller rock provided enough of a ramp to jump up to the boulder. Stuck on the boulder. They called for tow services, which was interesting to watch. Car was lifted and after going back and forth a bunch of times eventually back on the road. Under car (total Beavis and Butthead moment when I should be saying undercarriage) appears to be ok initially, will be looked at by a professional to confirm. Issue resolved by 7:30. During that time, I kinda wanted to run back and forth 5 minutes out and back until the tow truck arrived, but my friend wanted to stay in the lot. It was brisk while waiting. Had gloves/hat, but no long sleeves. Temp was fine for running, but brisk otherwise.
I was originally planning on doing at least 13. But with it being an hour later than planned and chores to do for the day, opted for "just" 10-11.
Initially, there was five of us to start. I usually do the slightly harder side first, prettier side second, they wanted to do the opposite. That's fine. I don't usually take pics when in a group anyway. Off to the more wooded side to ByBerry Rd. Pace was comfortable throughout. Early on, two of the more advanced age dropped off. Rest of the way was spent catching up with a trail regular that we see often, but usually just in passing. Was great to get to know them a bit more, and they have plenty of experience and advice to provide. 20 marathons, 3 Boston. 
Pacing: didn't pay attention to pace at all. When we hit the mid point, they both stopped at their cars. I noticed pace was about 9:07. 
Skipped hydrating at my car. Off to the more gradual incline side to Rockledge Park. Picked up the pace slightly. Tried to pull them a bit. Around Lorimer Park, one dropped off for a bit to stretch. Picked it up a little more. Turnaround at Rockledge end, paused for a moment for our friend. But they told us to go ahead. Neg split a bit, but wanted more. mile 11 was my fastest though, sub 8.
Wasn't the distance I wanted, but hung in there with my friends, enjoyed scenery, and caught up with an acquaintance that I'm sure would be a great running buddy. 
Hydration goal met, foam roll, done.
Miscellaneous cardio: 2 hrs yard work.
Full pics on Facebook
Sunday: 10 miles. Rest day? What the? lol..  I was fine with yesterday's run, I swear. But I think the unexpected late start time left me feeling like I cut it short, wanting more. Although, I'm not really sure what I was distance I was going to do, I think at least 13.1. Did yard work yesterday, and my back hurt for a bit. But everything else felt fine. Decided if I'm feeling ok in the morning, i'm going back to the trail.. 
Set my alarm last night.. Nope, up before it! And running on my mind.. Coffee, stretch, and at my trail by 6:45. My trail Pennypack Creek.. Park in the middle, Welsh and Terwood. Starting with the opposite sides as yesterday. Gradual incline to Rockledge Park. Pace:.. wearing my speedy shoes.. (Endorphin Pro's). Not sure how fast I'm going to go for, we'll see how it feels.  Started out pretty decent. 7:40's.. The gradual incline usually has a gradual fade to my pace as well. occasionally going up/down by a couple. Trying to focus. Working on breathing and foot strike. Rockledge end turnaround, pacing 7:48. Trying to split on the way back. Gradually got it down to 7:40. Passed by a friend, no pauses for hello, just a wave, etc. lol..  Pass my car at 5.5, skipped hydrating. Off to the more wooded side to ByBerry Rd. Still hangin in there. Enjoying the views, no pauses for pics. :( lol.. Passed my speedy friend, but he's doing a slower pace today with his furry friend. Goal to pass him before I'm done. Incline and hill before the turnaround at ByBerry Rd. Got through it. No need to neg split the way back, just trying to keep with it and did. Figured since I did 11 yesterday I wouldn't have much speed, but felt good throughout. Breathing was fine, legs were good. Pleasantly surprised. My second best 10 miler. Caught up post run with both of my friends that I went by earlier. Great catching up with them.
I have the day off tomorrow, and usually do 10 milers on day's off. We'll see how it goes. Will probably go for a comfortable pace. Hope it is. lol..  Will be sure to focus on recovery.
Hydration goal pending, foam roll, done.
Miscellaneous cardio: no yard work today. I'm sure I could do some, I'm taking a break! 
Full pics on Facebook
Weekly Summary:
Miles: 50.5 miles running completed 
Strength Training: Goal 150 minutes,  193 minutes completed. What type of strength training do I do? Core: crunches, planks, leg raises. Weights: biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest. 
Hydration Goal: 6 days 
Foam Roll:  6 days
Miscellaneous Cardio: 5.75 hrs yard work. Love fall, but it all lands in my yard. lol.. 
Training Plan: Not on a plan at the moment, but use the below:
marathon training plan
Image from Coach Jenny Hadfield
Race Schedule: (and year end goal)

Calendar is clear till next year! 
But.. I did set a new goal for year end! Over the summer, during #GVRAT1000k, I saw that I was on pace for my first 2k year. But as #GVRAT1000k ended, I started to take (and needed) rest days. Followed my marathon training plan to a T. Fell behind a bit for 2k. After my marathon, saw that if I had a decent Oct, I could get back on target. Tried not to force the issue (too much) and now I'm back on track!
As of 11/15: 188 miles to go. 

Do you have any more races this year? Or year end goals?

Be sure to check out my Race and Gear discount pages. #BibRavePro ;)

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 

If you do any races, please remember to review them on BibRave.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...