Monday, November 9, 2020

Weekly Running Report: November 8, 2020

 Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well! 

How's training going? Any races (IRL or virtual)?  

Reminder, if you're just skimming my blog, lol..  reminder that I also have gear and race discount tabs/pages to check out as well. :) #BibRavePro

My Week in Training: 

Monday: 11 miles. Day off from work, trail day, yay! Sunday, did participate in SundayFunday beverages and stayed up past my bed time for Sunday Night football. Ugly Eagles win, but a win is a win. I digress.. Up past my bed time, and don't want to sleep in too late today, have an appointment later! Up before my regular alarm anyway. Tired for sure! Coffee, workout. Got a decent workout in since I had time. Over to my trail by 7:15. My trail Pennypack Creek. Park in the middle, Welsh and Terwood Rd. Mixing things up today, starting on the prettier side first. More wooded section along the creek towards ByBerry Rd.  Looking for a comfortable day, but wore my speedy shoes. They are just more comfy. :) Pacing started out faster than expected, figured I'd settle in. Well... kept with it! Figured I'd pull back when I needed to. Small hill and then turnaround at the ByBerry end. Trying to split on the way back. Working on breathing and foot strike throughout. Still maintaining. Intersection halfway, red light, running in circles (no pausing). Skipped hydrating at my car. Off to the more gradual incline side to Rockledge Park. Expected to fade a bit here, but pushing to stay at least 8 flat. Faded slightly. Turnaround at the Rockledge end. Fueling. Trying to neg split again on the decline and did. Pulled back slightly before the end. Probably could of pushed it again, but was happy with my current stats. As excited as I was, at some point, some dude flew by pushing a stroller. lol... On a day I figured I'd be tired and through the motions, this ended up being my best 11 miler ever. 2nd best 10 miler in there. Briefly thought about doing 13.1, but I do have plans in a bit. And I didn't orig have intentions of doing a half today. 
Miscellaneous cardio: .75 hr yard work
Full pics on Facebook
Tuesday: 3.11 miles. Monday, up multiple times overnight. Not the best night's rest. And up before my alarm. Coffee, workout, and out the door shortly after 6. Definitely feeling yesterday's run. Slight overall soreness, hip, shin, but mostly calves. Going out for a comfortable 5k. Felt the inclines, but hanging in there. Pace 8 ish before my first hill, 8:10 ish after. Maintained through, faded slightly through the later hills.  Definitely didn't push it today. A little brisk. Got to see a little bit of a sunrise, but not much. 
Wednesday: 6 miles. Tues, foam rolled and decent rest, a bit better than previous day. Coffee, workout, but paused a bit longer than normal for other "routine". Made up the few sets later. Stretch, and out the door around 6. Legs a little stiff, going to go for a comfortable pace. Off and going. Calves burning a bit feeling the inclines and hills, but pace better than how I felt. Pulled it back a notch, but pacing 7:50's. Fav hill around mi 3. Faded a bit more, low 8's. Maintaining there rest of the way. Incline in mi 4 and two hills in mi 5. Felt like slow motion towards the end, but hung in there. Oh, and just a bit brisk. Last night the weather app said it would be in the 40's.. Nope, 34! Was ok in short sleeves and hat/gloves, but may have rethinked it if I checked the app again this morning. lol.. 
Thursday: 3.11 miles. Wednesday, foam rolled, could of hydrated better throughout the day, and up a few minutes past my bed time. Wasn't ready and lost track of time. Decent rest, up before my alarm. Coffee and workout. Stretch my back out and out the door shortly after 6. Still some light overall soreness. Calves burning a bit and hips. Supposed to be speed day, but don't feel like I have much in the tank for a fast 5k. Decent start, working on breathing and foot strike. Calves felt the few inclines, could tell they'd be burning through my hill. Mi 1 7:28 avg, hill starts around 1.2. Tried not to over exert, dont think i could much if I wanted to. Pacing 7:50 overall in mi 1-2. Eventually able to pick it up again for a few, but two hills and an incline before the end. lol.. Took advantage when level and decline in the second half. Overall 7:40, but wasn't comfortable.  
Miscellaneous cardio: 30 min yard work. 
Not running related, but nature. My streak of never seeing a snake in my yard came to an end! There was two. First one started me as I was raking towards it!
Friday: 5 miles. Thu: foam rolled, hydrated better, and decent rest. Coffee, workout. A bit groggy to start but got going, and snuck in a few extra sets later in the day. ;) Out the door by 6. Looking to do a comfortable day before the weekend long run. Decent to start. But same 'ol. Calves feeling the inclines before the hills. Pace was decent to start, pulled back a notch and then the hills took over. lol  Calves burning a bit, but hung in there. Mid run was able to enjoy the sunrise. Couldn't see too much until the curve outside of my neighborhood. Albeit brief, was nice to enjoy.
Miscellaneous cardio: 30 min yard work. 
Saturday: 16 miles. Long run day, trail day, yay! Planned on doing 16 today. Wanted at least 14 since 13.1 had been my longest since my marathon a month ago. And figured since my chores don't look too bad after this, I should be able to do 16 and still be able do some. (keeping up with yard work during the week has helped). Fri, hydrated well, carb loaded, foam rolled, relaxed, and in bed on time. Woke up in the middle of the night and briefly thought about adjusting my alarm, but didn't. lol.. Up just before it. Coffee, routine, stretch, and at my trail by 6:15. My trail Pennypack Creek. Park in the middle, Welsh and Terwood Rd. Doing the more wooded side to ByBerry Rd first. Figured if i'm gong to do a side twice, this would be the one. Well.. Started out at a comfortable pace. Felt good to start. About 1.5 mi in, bumped into some friends. Turned around and continued on with one of them. Was nice. Comfortable. 8:45-8:50 most of the way.  Except of an early fall. Friend broke off to go into the woods for a bit. i went on for a few. Pulled over to turnaround and when I was looking back I missed a rock and tumbled. Small cut in my hand and scraped my right knee. (ltwo falls this yr have been my left knee, time for the right! lol.. ) Didn't see blood early on.  Passed my car early (3 mi), got a drink. Continued on to the more gradual incline side to Rockledge Park and back. Hydrated at my car 8.5 ish. Forgot to fuel earlier. Distracted by conversations.. Fueled around 1hr18min. back to the wooded side to ByBerry Rd and back. Solo, gradually picking up the pace, but comfortable. Parking lot again, 14.2 ish. If I didn't turn around earlier, would have hit 16 mi right at the parking lot, had to do a bit of a section, again. Off I go to Rockledge again, but turn around early. mi 17 was my fastest. Felt the push after, but felt good overall. Briefly thought about doing more. But wanted to have at least a little energy for chores and whatever after. Besides, 18-20 should be reserved for when I actually have a race coming up...   
Miscellaneous cardio: 1 hr yard work
Full pics on Facebook
Sunday: 3.11 miles. Saturday.. still had plenty of energy after my long run to do yard work. general maintenance, not too bad..  Felt good. Well.. definitely tightened up over night. sore! No alarm clock, but have plans. Up, down, and then finally up. Coffee, a little sore from yesterday and taking my time. Out the door by 7:15. Just going for a comfortable 5k. first couple min felt like slow mo. Eventually settled in. Paced picked up from 8:45 to 8:10 ish. Felt the inclines before my hill. Hill was rough but hung in there. brought the pace down from 8:20 to 8:10 and hanging there remainder of the way. 
Sunday hiking: 4.5 miles. Hawk Mountain. (link directs to All Trails rating/description) We've hiked Hawk Mountain before, but only did the easier route to the vista. Went back for the tough one! Rated difficult, and it was! Technical to start and throughout. Very steep hill in the middle. 1000 ft elevation gain. Then plenty of bouldering and a little rock climbing up to the vista. Easy path down from the vista to parking lot.
Weekly Summary:
Miles: 47.5 miles running completed 
Strength Training: Goal 150 minutes,  180 minutes completed. What type of strength training do I do? Core: crunches, planks, leg raises. Weights: biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest. 
Hydration Goal: need to get back to tracking better..
Foam Roll:  6
Miscellaneous Cardio:  2.75 hrs yard work
Additional cardio: 3+ hrs hiking
Training Plan: Not on a plan at the moment, but use the below:
marathon training plan
Image from Coach Jenny Hadfield
Race Schedule: (and year end goal)

Calendar is clear till next year! 
But.. I did set a new goal for year end! Over the summer, during #GVRAT1000k, I saw that I was on pace for my first 2k year. But as #GVRAT1000k ended, I started to take (and needed) rest days. Followed my marathon training plan to a T. Fell behind a bit for 2k. After my marathon, saw that if I had a decent Oct, I could get back on target. Tried not to force the issue (too much) and now I'm back on track!
As of 11/09: 227 miles to go. 

Do you have any more races this year? Or year end goals?

Be sure to check out my Race and Gear discount pages. #BibRavePro ;)

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 

If you do any races, please remember to review them on BibRave.com! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run! #BibChat Follow me on BibRave Joe G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...