Sunday, September 24, 2017

Week Ending 09/24

Hi Felllow runners!

How's everyone's training going?

My week in review:

Monday: took the day off work for recovery day after Sunday's Rock n Roll Philadelphia (#RnRPhilly) half. Rest day, one for the streak. Things were definitely sore/tight from yesterday's half. Continue to stretch and hydrate! And i sure did rest the remainder of the day. Played some PS4 for a couple hrs and was a couch potato for the day!


Tuesday: Last week was 1 trail day, and then mostly rest/taper days until the half. First day back at the trail! (Pennypack Creek). I always miss it when i don't get to go there for several days. Definitely still feeling Sunday's run, but done. 

In previous posts I mentioned my trail has at least 7 scenic bridges, am thinking now there may be 10. Stopped at bridge number 5 for pics. 



Wednesday: Work from home day, 5k on my lunch break.Work wasn't too crazy, but always a nice break to get a run in during the day!


Thursday: back to the trail!  5 miles after work. 


Stopped at bridge number 6. This is at the start/end when i do this side of the trail. (10 mile trail, park in middle, during the week will do one side and back. 






Friday: 5k after work. 


Saturday: 10 miles at the trail! Had plans later in the day and knew I had to check into work for a bit before heading out. Set my alarm, of course i got up before that! lol! Got up around 5, worked for about an hr. Got to the trail by 6:45, already plenty of people there! love the running community, so ambitious! My trail is 10.5 miles. I park in the middle. Did the side with slight/steady incline first. On the way back i bumped into someone that i knew did the #RnRPhilly and ran/ chatted with them for a bit. Midway point i passed my car and passed on hydrating. To the other side of the trail that's flat with a decent incline at the end. Fueled with a half a GU gel at the hour mark and finished it a few minutes later. Stopped at the 10 mi mark and walked rest of the way. Fellow runner ragged on me for walking to the parking lot, I know i have more steps later in the day, no shame in stopping on my planned mileage. lol. I also confirmed there are four more bridges to stop at for pics.. To be added the next couple weeks. 

Saturday afternoon, strolled through Frenchtown, NJ and Delaware Canal State Park with my wife. Small quaint town (only a few blocks small). The park was really pretty, but not a ton of places to stop at.  




Sunday: rest day, 1 mile for the streak. Streak day 610. I try not do yard work on rest day so i can actually rest. But this week's schedule did not permit that. Yard work done after the 1 miler. Going to try to limit my steps rest of the day. We'll see how that goes. lol 

September goals:


  • Taper for races first two weeks of the month, try to rest on rest days, sometimes that's easier said than done. 
  • Resume long run training.. for??

Upcoming races:



  • 10/08 - Army Ten Miler!  (in dc) #RunArmyRunStrong. My buddy from college went on to the Army after graduation and lives outside of DC. Has been ragging on me to come down there for a run for a while. This is the 3rd largest 10 miler in the country. I doubt it's as flat as the Broad Street Run, but I'm sure it will be a good time.
  • 10/21 Runners World 5k: A festival of running?! Don't think I wanted to sign up for the half being so close to the Army Ten Miler, but really wanted to check out the festival. Got some buddies doing the 5k, cant wait!


Can't go, but would love to (sched conflicts (you may see a theme ))
  • 10/07 Troegs Hop Dash 5k (Pa brewery in Hershey)
  • 10/08 Yuengling Logger Jogger 5k (Pa brewery)

Good luck to everyone with their training, keep kicking butt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...