Sunday, February 18, 2018

Weekly Running Update: February 18th, 2018

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well!

My week in training:

Monday: 6.22 miles after work. Well rested, hydrated, and foam rolled Sunday. Hydrated Monday at work. Besides the afternoon drag, feeling somewhat fresh. Felt good for the most part. The sunset was pretty nice, may have gotten a few a nicer pick if I paused earlier, but didn't want to mess with momentum.
Tuesday: 3.11 miles after work. Hydrated and foam rolled last night. Ready to go after work. A bit chilly to start, warmed up pretty quickly. Worked on breathing and pacing with the cooler air. 
Wednesday: 4 miles. Work from home day! Lunch run! Sunny and 40 degrees. Wore an extra layer just to wear red? Silly me. Was definitely warm throughout! Besides that, a bit tight in the quads. Should definitely stretch before tomorrow's run!

Thursday: 3.11 miles before work. Errands planned for after work. Set the alarm nice and early. Workout and run done early! 
Friday: 5 miles after work. Hydrated well during the day. Felt good throughout. But to be honest, Friday runs I'm ususually thinking about what I have to do that evening and prep for tomorrow's long run! Run done. Time to prep for tomorrow, carbo load, hydrate, and stretch. Maybe relax for a few minutes! 
Saturday: long run day! 13.1 miles! As usual, set my alarm, up before that. Work for a few minutes to kill time. Coffee, light breakfast, at the trail (Pennypak Creekaround 7. The trail is 5.25 mi. Park in the middle. I could either do both sides back and forth (10.5) and then a bit more on one side. Or venture off the trail a bit. Today I ventured off. Did the side with the gradual incline first. At that end, left the trail to a nearby neighborhood. Went a bit further into the neighborhood than I have gone before. Found a hill to tackle. Went back and forth a couple times. Not sure where I was, but when I got to the main street saw a cool church. Snapped a couple pics and went back to the trail. Passed my car around mi 7 (usually 5.25). Hydrated a bit, fueled. Went to the other side of the trail, has a decent hill at the end, and ventured off a bit there as well to a nearby business complex. (still had to make up about .75). On my way back on the trail, stopped for a couple pics. That was a mistake! Was around mi 11, my body did not want to resume after that. Do not pause near the end of a long run, will lose all momentum! Should know this! My goal for the day,was to fade to about 8:45 pace, a bit passed that, but still happy with it. Shouldn't be too aggressive with long runs until race day. 
Sunday: Rest day, one for the streak. Streak day 757. Saturday's weather was 30's and sunny. Was nice all day. There was a forecast of 2-4 inches of snow, but it was so nice out, it definitely didn't feel like a snow day. Guess what? It snowed! It came down pretty fast too. The temps are going back up today, the snow will be gone in a few hrs, but wasn't going to sit around and wait for it. Yaktrax day, done. 
This was week 9 of half marathon training. Using the training program below. 
To credit the images, it was pulled Coach Jenny Hadfield's training plans
Future races registered for:
  • 03/25/18 - Philadelphia Love Run half marathon. Love the love run! Check out my 2017 review here. 
  • 04/07/18 - Hot Chocolate 15k/5k!! (15k) Join me using code “BRHCPHILLY18” to score a BONUS Hot Chocolate branded cap!  
  • https://www.hotchocolate15k.com/philadelphia
    Check out my Hot Chocolate 15k race preview post here! 
  • 04/14/18 - Newport Rhode Races! Half marathon. They have 5k, half, and full marathon options! Use code "BibRave" to save 10% on race entry!
runri.us/newport-race-info/
Check out my race preview post here! 
  • 05/06/18 - Broad Street Run!  Assuming I win the lottery! My 2017 review here. 
Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...