Sunday, May 19, 2019

Weekly Running Report: May 19, 2019

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well.

How's training going? Any recent or upcoming races? Which ones, how were they?

It's been two weeks since the Flying Pig Marathon, review here. Training is returning back to somewhat "normal". Restarting the marathon training plan. :)

My Week in Training:

Monday: 5+ miles (45 min) before work. After being disconnected from work for 9 days, it was time to go back. Haven't used my alarm clock in a bit. Sunday, tried to rest, but also wanted to make the most of my last day off with a couple drinks. In bed around 9:30. Up a few times overnight in anticipation of getting up early. Up before my alarm. Worked out. Out the door by 6. Legs are definitely still in recovery mode. Not a fan of the hills today. Rain the entire time, I usually enjoy some rain, but not today. Just glad to get it over with.
Tuesday: 3.11 miles before work. Mon, tired, went to bed before 9. Up a couple times overnight. But sound asleep when that alarm went off! Pretty groggy to start. Coffee, workout, stretch, and out the door by 6. Rain clearing up, but misty the entire way. 5k day usually feels good, but definitely a bit tired throughout. (8:24 pace)
Wednesday: 4 miles before work. Tues, tired after work, tried to get to bed early again. In bed around 9. Decent night's sleep. Still a bit groggy when the alarm went off, but not as bad as Tues. Coffee, work out, hydrate, stretch my back out. Usually try to get out the door by 6, but my morning 'routine' needed a few more minutes. Out the door by 6:10. Brisk out, felt great. First mile was 7:55, still felt decent after the worst hill. 8:15. Worked on maintaining between 8:10-8:15 remainder of the way. Not 100% yet, still taking exertion, but felt good! After work, had to do yard work. additional 1.5 hrs of "cardio".
Thursday: 1 mile before work. Yup, slept until my alarm clock again. Coffee, work out, hydrate, and stretch. Feeling a bit better today, decided to push it for the streak day mile. Close to max effort most of the way. Fun times, well, after. lol
Friday: 5 miles before work. In bed by 9:30 thu, slept until my alarm, 4:50. It's Friday, and I slept until my alarm 4/5 nights! Almost always up before it, not this week! Coffee, work out, hydrate, and out the door by 6:05. First min alert was a bit slow, but settled in shortly after. A few inclines until mid way. Then it's my fav hill, pacing 8:20 after the worst hill. Maintained for a bit and then did a couple "extreme" inclines to top it off. (pace 8:22)
Saturday: 14 miles (scheduled for 7?) Happy long run day, trail day, yay! Doing the marathon training plan, may be doing extra miles the first few weeks. Two weeks removed from the Flying Pig Marathon, trying to do what's comfortable without being too stupid.
Went to bed early last night, but tossed and turned, just wasn't ready for bed yet. But, up before my alarm. You guys set your alarm on long run day, right? Coffee, light breakfast (bagel and pb), hydrate. At my trail by 6:30. My trail Pennypack Creek. Park in the middle (Welsh and Terwood Rd). Did the more wooded side to Byberry Rd and back first. First few min were ahead of pace, but settled in before mi 1. Humid. Drenched early. Fueled at mi 5. Hydrated as I passed my car at 5.2. Pacing 9:03. Off to the more gradual incline side to Rockledge Park and back. Pace 9:05 at the height of the incline. Fueled on the way back at 10 mi. Hydrated as I passed my car at 10.6. back to the more wooded side. As I started to fade a bit more decided not to overdo it just yet and turned around at 12.5 to end at 14.
Sunday: 1 mile. Rest day, one for the streak. Run Streak day 1212. Hydrated yesterday after my long run, but may have offset that later with drinks. ;) Excellent night's rest, actually slept in a bit! Tired, a bit achy. Coffee, hydrate, stretch, and out the door by 8:30. Probably should if done a comfortable pace, but pushed it. Rest day streak mi was a bit rough today.
This was week 4 marathon training, using the below plan.
marathon training plan
Image from Coach Jenny Hadfield

Weekly Summary:
Miles: scheduled 24 mi / completed 33 mi 
Strength Training: scheduled 80 min/ completed 97 min
Hydration goal met: 7 days   


Race Schedule 

09.08.19 - St Luke's Via Marathon? Haven't signed up yet, but in training mode for it. Will let you know when I'm registered. 

09.15.19 - Rock n Roll Philly Half Marathon. Use codes "19RNRBRP16" to save $16 off the half/full marathon and "19RNRBRP6" to save $6 off the 5k/10k! Race Preview, here!

11.24.19 - Philadelphia Marathon. My review from last yr, here. 

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave Joe G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...