Monday, September 9, 2019

Weekly Running Report: September 8, 2019

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are doing well.

Any recent races or ones coming up? Which ones? How's the weather where you are? We're getting a few teases of fall in Pa!

This week was week 20 of 20 of marathon training for me! Tapering and race day! VIA Marathon! Spoiler alert, race details will be in a separate post! ;)  I'm sure you all can't wait! ;)

My Week in Training:

Per plan, no working out this week! Happy to get some rest, but OCD about routine.

Monday: 5 miles. Day off from work (Labor Day), trail day, yay! Planned on sleeping in today, but guess who forgot to disable their alarm? Tried to go back to sleep, but just tossed and turned. Up, but taking my time. Coffee, hydrate, stretch, and morning "routine" done. At my trail shortly after 8. My trail Pennypack Creek. Park in the middle, Welsh and Terwood Rd. Did the more wooded side to Byberry road and back. Comfortable pace today. Sure I could of slowed down a bit, but I wasn't over exerting either. Comfortable. TMI time! One thing I like about my trail is knowing where all the portable restrooms are. Over 2.5 miles, have 3 (4 over 5.25 mi). May have had the urge, planned on using the next one up at the Byberry Rd parking lot. There was a line and ppl hanging out near it! Turn around, about 1.5 to the next one on the way back. Anxiety at first, and then the urge went away. Comfortable rest of the way. Didn't run far today, but still doing an ice bath after. Will be alternating between ice and Epsom baths this week!
Tuesday: 1 mile before work. Rest day, one for the streak. In lieu of not working out this week, adjusted my alarm to sleep a few minutes, but tossed and turned. Could of used a few more minutes rest. Coffee, hydrate, stretch, and out the door by 6:15. Trying to be more cognizant of "rest day", tried to relax pace a bit. Comfortable mile this morning.
Wednesday: 3.11 miles before work. Haven't done a neighborhood 5k in a long time! Unfortunately am doing comfortable pace this week. Would usually push at least a bit more. 8:20 before the worst of the hills, 8:30 ish after. 5k route is different than the rest. A couple more decent hills after the worst one (not just inclines, hills!). But comfortable. Found some trash along my cool down. A. Please don't litter. B. Please don't drink crap beer. C. Hope they weren't driving.
Thursday: 1 mile before work. Rest day, one for the streak. Run Streak day 1321. Decent night's rest, but up a couple times. Up just before my alarm. Last night, did a leg compression boot and then a cryotherapy session! Anything to help with getting fresh for Sunday! Slight hip pain, still exists. We'll see if that gets better. Shoulder pain, which seems to be from my massage last week?! Casual mile this morning with no mid run pace alerts. Comfortable.
Friday: 3 miles before work. Watched a few minutes of football last night, no beverages? Went to bed before 10, up once or so, but a decent night's rest. Up before my alarm, but waited for it. Coffee, hydrate, light stretch and out the door by 6. Dark out at 6, will have to start wearing reflective gear next 6am run for sure. (probably won't have one till mid next week). Comfortable pace. Occasionally tempted to go faster but didn't. Hovering around 8:30. Today's run called for 25 min run, was tempted to do my 5k route, but figured I may be tempted to push it. Mixed up my route a bit, still impossible to avoid inclines. With 3 minutes to go, pace alert was higher, so I may have pushed it to get it back down. Avg dropped from 8:37 to 8:17 in the last 3 minutes. Oops. Did an Epsom salt bath last night, very relaxing. May do an ice bath tonight. Slight hip pain every once in a while. Seems to go away once I get going.
Saturday: 1 mile. Rest day, one for the streak. Run Streak day 1323. Fri, hydrated well, did an ice bath, took it easy and tried to get a good night's rest. Tried sleeping in, up a couple times and may have fallen back to sleep for a bit. After 6, tossed and turned a bit and up by 7. Rarely sleep to 6, but tried. Up slowly, a bit tight going down stairs. Coffee, hydrate, and stretch. Taking my time, out around 8:30. Hip a bit tight, but comfortable mile today. Didn't over exert at all. Temps were perfect, but 95% humidity. Hope the humidity drops a bit for race day. Will try to keep steps to a minimum today, but I'm sure I'll get a few in.
Sunday: 26.2 miles! Race day! VIA Marathon! Sorry, no race details. ;) My race review will be posted in the next few days. ;)
Weekly Summary:
Miles: scheduled 37 miles / completed 40 miles (plan +3 streak days)
Strength Training: scheduled 0 minutes/ completed 0 minutes
What type of strength training do I usually do? Core: crunches, planks, glute bridges. Weights: biceps, triceps, chest. 
Hydration goal (gallon) met: 7 days  
This was week 20 marathon training, using the below plan.
marathon training plan
Image from Coach Jenny Hadfield
Race Schedule: 

09.08.19 - St Luke's Via Marathon I'm officially registered! Their Facebook page has a discount at the moment if you would like to join me! 

09.15.19 - Rock n Roll Philly Half Marathon. Use codes "19RNRBRP16" to save $16 off the half/full marathon and "19RNRBRP6" to save $6 off the 5k/10k! Race Preview, here!

11.24.19 - Philadelphia Marathon. My review from last yr, here!

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave Joe G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...