Monday, December 16, 2019

Weekly Running Report: December 15th, 2019

Hi Everyone, Happy Monday!

Hope you are all doing well! 


Any recent races or training for one? Which ones/how's it going?


I usually try to get my weekly update done by Sunday, but was a bit busy the past few days. My 2020 race schedule is almost full now as well! (race sched at bottom) How's yours shaping up?

My Week in Training:


Monday: 6 miles before work. Sunday, took it easy and made a point to get a good night's rest. Up a few min later than goal, but pretty good overall, up a few minutes before my alarm. Coffee, workout (core and arms/shoulders), stretch, and out the door by 6. Forecast stated "light rain". It was full on rain at my starting time! Dressed warm enough, time to get wet. Felt pretty good this morning. Except for stomping in huge puddles I couldn't see. Submerged my left foot in the first mile, right foot in the second. Pacing 7:50-8:10 until my fav hill. My fav hill goes along a highway, truck sprayed me with water, all part of the fun. 8:15 after the hill, maintained to 8:20 and added my extreme hill (steep!) for fun! All things considered, felt pretty good for a Monday.
Tuesday: 5 miles before work. Tuesday is usually streak day, but early plans tomorrow, flipped the two days. Monday, let's just say I could of gotten a better night's rest. Birthday celebration dinner and drinks, eventually followed by football and more drinks. In bed around midnight, usually 9-9:30. Alarm set to get my workout and run in, slept until that alarm. Could of used more rest. Coffee, workout (core and chest). And out the door around 6. Just as i was leaving, felt that my morning "routine" may not be over, ignored the warning and head out. Much warmer out today, slightly overdressed for possible rain. Pacing 8:20's but getting heavy as the inclines added up. 8:30's after my gradual hill and continuing to fade. TMI time: Oh, that morning "routine" warning, at the 3.8-4 mi mark was unsure if  I would make it home. Paused and made it home for a "break", resumed shortly after to complete 5.
Wednesday: 1 mile. Early plans, today will be streak day. Up in time to get a workout in (core and arms/shoulders). Out the door before 6. Tight/sore set out to do a "comfortable" 8 min pace. Started out ahead of pace and gradually backed off. Some snow on the ground, but roads/sidewalks were fine. Won't be seeing much more snow for a few days, off to Florida for a wedding!
Thursday: 5 miles. Today is our "laid back" day in Fl, plans rest of the weekend. Slept in a few minutes. Hit the hotel gym, a few more machines to do, will be sore tomorrow! Cant believe there are people using treadmills, out the door around 8 for my run. 76, misty, and slightly humid. Did the hotel path for a bit before heading out around the perimeter of the parks. Started out ahead of pace and gradually faded. Legs eventually got heavy, settled for a comfortable 8:45 pace.
Thursday: Chicago Marathon lottery day! Did not expect to get in today, but I did! Good luck to everyone else in the lottery! If you didn't make it, I wish you the best of luck in the charity programs, and or getting in next year! And with Chicago being my "travel" race, will be doing a road trip for a spring marathon. The New Jersey Marathon!
Friday: 3.11 miles. Flip flopped thu/fri, and thu is usually "streak day". Early plans, but up before my alarm. Sore from the gym, but back at it. Gym session done and then out the door for 5k. Similar run as yesterday. Hotel path to city walk, then out along the road for a bit. Will get a few more steps in today, today is our park day at Universal Orlando, did all of the coasters and 4-D rides!
Saturday: 7 miles. Long run day, yay? Well, severe thunder when was waking up and was going to be around for a bit. If I was home, I would of probably played in the rain, but have a treadmill option. Set it to 7.1 for the majority of it. Taking a break from hills, no incline. TV option, but found myself counting down most of the way. Not a fan of treadmills, but glad I got it done.
Sunday: 1 mile. "Rest day", one for the streak. Run Streak day 1422. Last night, up slightly past my bed time. Had a wedding yesterday! Beautiful weather, ceremony, and reception! In bed around midnight. Today was also travel day, wasn't sure if I would be up in time to get my run in, guess what? I was! Up before my alarm. One mile, easy pace. Hotel path from my hotel to City Walk is about .6. Path there and back. Tired, didn't over do it today.
Weekly Summary:
Miles: 23 miles scheduled / 28 completed miles
Strength Training: Minimum 80 minutes, 118 minutes completed
What type of strength training do I do? Core: crunches, planks, leg raises. Weights: biceps, triceps, chest. 

Training Plan: 
This was week 1 marathon training for NJ Marathon, using the below plan.

marathon training plan
Image from Coach Jenny Hadfield
Race Schedule: 


04.26.2020 - NJ Marathon, I have registered for the full. They also have 5k, Half Marathon, and Marathon Relay options as well. Use code 20NJMBibRave to save $5 off registration!

10.11.2020 - Chicago Marathon

11.22.2020 - Philly Marathon

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave Joe G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...