Sunday, April 1, 2018

Weekly Running Update: April 1st, 2018


Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is well! Anyone racing recently or soon?

Sunday was the Philadelphia Love Run half marathon. (Check out my review here). I have a week of  my "normal" running schedule, and then another week of taper! Allstate Hot Chocolate 15k Philly 4.7.18!

My week in review:

Monday: 1 mile. Rest day. Had the day off from work to recover from yesterday's half. A bit sore overall. Took my time around the house before heading out. Definitely still feeling it in my quads!
Tuesday:  3.11 miles after work. Hydrated well during the day. Still some slight soreness. Also have to keep an eye on a blister. Sorry if that's TMI. Foam rolled later that evening.
Wednesday: 4 miles. My work from home day, lunch run!
Thursday: 1 mile. Training program has this listed as strength training/ non-running day. Did my core strength training early. Usually still do a 5k, feeling the need for more recovery, opted for 1 and done for the streak.
Friday: 4 miles. Happy Good Friday! Day off from work, extra day at the trail! It may be a day off from work, but I still worked for about an hr in the morning. Was a bit chilly getting ready, but the moment I stepped outside, I could tell it was short sleeve weather! Spring like weather, oh my!     
Decided to check out one of the closed paths by the main bridge entrance on this side. Interesting, but less water movement over here.
Saturday: 6 miles. Stayed up a few min late Friday. Phillies game went into extra innings, but at least they won. A few min late, but still up by 6:30. Took, my time, worked for a bit. At the trail around 8:30. Trail was packed! I park in the middle, did the opposite trail from Fri. Steady incline, but had to make up .5, did that in a nearby neighborhood, steep hill! Goal was to pace around 8:20. Starting to feel better since last week's half! Today was apparently fishing season opening day! 

Sunday: 1 mile. Rest day, one for the streak. Streak day 799. Smooth 1 miler around the block. Started out a bit fast, slowed it down a notch to enjoy the rest day.

Recently used the training program below for the Love Run. Have a race next week, did a variation of recovery and week 13 this week. Definitely need to foam roll more next week!
To credit the images, it was pulled Coach Jenny Hadfield's training plans
Future races registered for:
  • 04/07/18 - Hot Chocolate 15k/5k!! (15k) Join me using code “BRHCPHILLY18” to score a BONUS Hot Chocolate branded cap!  
  • https://www.hotchocolate15k.com/philadelphia
    Check out my Hot Chocolate 15k race preview post here! 
  • 04/14/18 - Newport Rhode Races! Half marathon. They have 5k, half, and full marathon options! Use code "BibRave" to save 10% on race entry!
runri.us/newport-race-info/
Check out my race preview post here! 
  • 05/06/18 - Broad Street Run! This is definitely a fav! My 2017 review here. 
Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...