Monday, November 26, 2018

Weekly Running Update: November 25, 2018

Hi Everyone!

How's everyone's fall training going? Any races before winter, which one(s)?

Last week was the Philly Marathon, this was a rest to recovery week for me.

My Week in Training:

Monday: 1 mile. Day off from work to recover from the Philadelphia Marathon. Hurting a bit everywhere. Stairs are definitely the enemy. Eventually head out to do a loop around the neighborhood. Run streak day 1 miler. Run Streak day 1,031. Hydration, stretching, and taking it easy remainder of the day.
Tuesday: 2 miles before work. Ankle a bit tender still. Slight soreness overall (calves, quads, hips). Took my time getting ready. Foam roll and out the door a few min after 6.
Wednesday: 2 miles before work. Ankle making progress, still slow going up/down stairs, especially in the morning. Slight soreness overall, but getting better.
Thursday: 3.11 miles. Happy Thanksgiving! (to those who celebrate) Definitely not race day ready for a Turkey Trot, but got a 5k done. Just a bit chilly out there! Wind chill 10! First day of the season wearing tights. Brisk air had me starting out a bit fast, but bought it back down to my normal pace. Not fully recovered, but getting back to "normal"

A couple hours of yard work before family time.
Friday: 3.11 miles before work. Another brisk day! Warmed up fairly quickly, but could of used my ninja mask (bavaclava)  for a bit.
Saturday: 5 miles. "Long" run day, yay! Well, not long yet. May be a couple weeks before I resume 10+ milers. But trail day, yay! My first time back at my trail since before NYC! Had plans later in the morning, had to be done, home, and ready to leave by 9. Well, no problem! At the trail  shortly after sunrise. Weather "warmed up" a few degrees. My trail Pennypack Creek. Park at Welsh and Terwood Rd. Did the side to Byeberry Rd and back. This side is more wooded along the creek. Minimal incline with a slight hill at the end. Started out much faster than I should have (7:15) and took a few min to resume "normal" pace. Not 100%, but pushed it around 8:10 pace and faded towards the end. Felt great to be back at my trail. Look forward resume spending weekends here.
Sunday: 1 mile. Rest day, one for the run streak. Run Streak day 1,037. Unfortunately, since I had plans yesterday, today was yard work day. 3 hrs of yard work, a few more weeks of fall leaves.
Total weekly miles: 17 miles
Total weekly strength training: 60 min
Misc: (yard work) 6 hrs.

Fall Schedule:
With the conclusion of the NYC and Philly Marathons, my fall schedule has concluded as well. I may squeeze in a fun run before winter, will be sure to let you know!

Spring Schedule 

03.31.19 - The Love Run! Love the Love Run Philadelphia half marathon! Check out my review from last yr, here. 

04.06.19 - Hot Chocolate 15k Philadelphia. Use code BRHCPhilly to receive a free smart phone arm band. Check out my preview, here. 


Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...