Sunday, December 2, 2018

Weekly Running Update: December 2, 2018

Hi Everyone!

How's everyone's end of race season going? Any recent races or coming up or done for the season?

This was week 2 of marathon recovery for me. Getting closer to back to "normal".


My Week in Training:

Monday: 4 miles before work. Sunday was rest day, but had to do 3 hrs of yard work. Also had sleep issues. My on-call week for work, but no issues overnight. Before bed, was thinking of a potential work issue and actually had a dream about it, woke up thinking about it and after tossing and turning, actually logged into work for a few minutes. Non issue. Eventually fell back to sleep, and up before my alarm. Coffee, work out, stretch, and out the door around 6. First mile felt decent, but could feel the slow down before the hills. Quads got a bit heavy, through the motions rest of the way.
Tuesday: 3.11 miles before work. Monday, was definitely tired. Made a point to get a better night's rest. Asleep by 9. Good thing I rolled over when I did, or I would have to reschedule my run! Forgot to set my alarm. Up, a bit groggy at first. Coffee, light workout, out the door around 6. Feeling much better than yesterday! Slowed down through the hills, but picked it up after.
Wednesday: 4 miles before work. Was just a bit windy this morning! No additional notes means I didn't write anything Wed and I don't remember anything, but it was windy!
Thursday: 5 miles before work. Thu, I usually do 1 mi-5k. Woke up early today, wide awake. Might as well get up. Coffee, workout, stretch, etc. Feeling pretty good before heading out and have time, might as well go for 5. Will cut it back if I'm wrong. First mile felt great. Slowed down through the hill in mi 1-2. Picked it back up. Mi 3-4 has a steady incline. At 4.0, I have an easy out, but nope, kept on going. Picked it up along the decline into 4.5, incline rest of way.Felt the hills gong into 4, but felt pretty good overall. Glad I used my extra time.
Friday: 3.11 miles before work. Woke up early, but could of used more sleep. Tired. Tossed and turned and got up early. Coffee, groggy but got through a light workout. Stretch and out the door around 6. Tired, but felt good. 7:45-8 through 1. Slowed down though the worst hill, 8:13 at 1.4. Picked it back up as it leveled out. back to 8:03. Hills at 2.3 and 2.6, but maintained. Mentally tired, but the run felt great!
Saturday: 10 miles. Long run day, yay! Week 2 of marathon recovery, last week I did a 5 miler, was planning on doing 8. Plans later this morning, but I knew that wouldn't be an issue. Of course, up even earlier than I needed to be. Was at my trail by sun rise. My trail, Pennypack Creek. Park at Welsh and Terwood Rd. Did the more wooded side and back. 5.2. Started out a bit fast, made a point to get back to my normal pace. Started to feel it by the 4 mark, gel at the 5. Hydrated as I passed my car at 5.2 Plan was to do the other side and turn around at Lorimar Park. This side is more open along the creek and more of a gradual incline.  Loved being back at my trail, was feeling it, but kept on going to the end, and turn around. 2.5 or so to go, slight decline, was feeling it and above my desired pace, pushed harder than preferred most of the way back to maintain. Felt great to be back at my trail and see most of it. Probably should of done 8, but loved it.
Sunday: 1 mile. Rest day, one for the streak. Run Streak day 1,044. Up early, but took my time getting ready. Warm (goong up to 50 today!) and misty out. Slow start, but got into my groove.
Since I had plans Saturday, another "rest day" of doing yard work. Still have a few weeks of fall cleanup, but with temps going up to 50, definitely going to do as much as possible. 2-3 hrs, minimum.

Total Weekly Miles: 30 miles
Total Weekly Strength Training: 80 minutes

Training plan: no training plan for a few weeks, but will try not to stray too far. ;)


Fall Schedule: 
With the TCS NYC Marathon/and Philly Marathon coming to it's conclusion, so does my race schedule. Depending on how recovery goes, may squeeze in a fun run in before winter. Will be sure to let you know! 

Spring Schedule 

03.31.19 - The Love Run! Love the Love Run Philadelphia half marathon! Check out my review from last yr, here. 

04.06.19 - Hot Chocolate 15k Philadelphia. Use code BRHCPhilly to receive a free smart phone arm band. Check out my preview, here. 

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...