Sunday, August 27, 2017

Week Ending 08/27

Hi fellow runners!

How's everyone's training going?!




My week in training:

  • Monday: 5 miles at the trail. Definitely didn't get a good night's rest. Long day at work. Coffee didn't help. Was getting warmer out. I usually do the tougher trail on Monday's, stuck to it. I did pause at one point though to let the train go by. I usually run in circles as it passes, not going to lie, i enjoyed the pause. 

  • Tuesday: 5k around the neighborhood. Day off from work, but had plans at 7:30 am! Set the alarm to get the run in beforehand. Got a decent night's rest. Off to a decent start, but my phone started acting up. Stopped receiving alerts mid run. Freaked out at first. Without knowing my pace, could feel that I was pushing too hard at times or not enough. Relaxed and thought to pace my breathing to a count. Felt much better. Temps weren't that bad, but 100 humid! 
  • Wednesday: 5 miles at the trail. Day off of work. Got there nice and early. Was surprised how many cars were there, although most ppl were of retirement age. Things to look fwd to! We had bad storms overnight, cooling down the temps. Got a pick of the water, but wished i stopped at another point where the water was more active from the storm. Did the opposite trail as Monday. Decent start, faded a bit before the turn around point. Bumped into a hs XC team. They were having a meeting, but they ended it and took off. Blew me away. Helped get me negative splits, but definitely not trying to hang with them!

Wed: was also the start of my staycation. Last day at the trail for the week. Family visiting from fl through Sunday. Plan on getting 1mi-5k each morning, no long runs.  Posts will be brief, got some entertaining to do! (Philly tourism and

  • Thursday: neighborhood 5k.  

  • Friday: neighborhood 5k. 


  •  Saturday: neighborhood 5k.  
  • Sunday: rest day, 1 for the streak.  


Sun night: staycation coming to an end. Dropped our guests off at the Phl airport. Back to work tomorrow :( Back to training tomorrow night! 


August goals: 
  • 100 miles (3.33+ avg). Haven't had to make this a goal in a long time, but two weeks of the month may be a bit crazy. A week vacation that includes a schedule of hiking, and a half week staycation that includes having family stay at my house for 5 days. On both accounts, I hope me being more of a morning person helps me attain this goal. 
Update: Got miles in vacation 1 without disrupting our itinerary. Got my 100 miles in by 8/22! Guests arrive 08/23. My running was unaffected during my staycation. Apparently my guests are not morning people at all!

  •  Long runs of 13/14 miles for #RnRPhilly training. Update: 13 and 15 done! 



Upcoming races:
Registered for:
  • 09/09 Flying Fish 5k, Sumerdale NJ. Did this brewery 5k last yr, was a blast! 🏃🍺
  • 09/17 - Rock N Roll Philly, last yr, my first half! Officially back in training mode. Been maintaining long runs at 10. 11, 12, 13, 15 done. One more "long" run to go! 




  • 10/08 - Army Ten Miler!  (in dc) #RunArmyRunStrong

Contemplating:

  • 10/20-22 runners world. Not sure if I'll be up for a half so soon after the ATM, may do the 5/10k.


Can't go, but would love to (sched conflicts):

  • 09/16 Iron Pigs bacon 5k
  • 10/07 Troegs hop dash 5k
  • 10/08 Yuengling Logger Jogger 5k

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...