Sunday, August 13, 2017

Week Ending 8/13

Hi fellow runners!

How's everyone's training going?!

My week in training:

Monday: 5 miles at my trail. Probably should of done 1 mile since I did my long run on Sun instead of Sat, but that's besides the point. Had an extra day off scheduled after my vacation. Slept in again, it's a miracle! Lol. It was pouring when I was about to head out, but accuweather showed a break. Got to the trail, only one other car there! Did my run, felt fine most the way, thought about cutting it to 4, but made it to the mid way point and finished.  Misted most of the way, didn't start pouring again until later.

Tuesday: 4 miles at the trail. First day back to work post vacation. My backups at work did a sufficient job, but still had some catching up to do. Of course an issue arose 30 min before time to go. I don't mind working late, especially when there's more daylight during the summer, but my internal clock starts freaking about about getting my run in. lol.. I like to get to the trail by 5-530. At least 30 min delayed.  Did the side with the more gradual incline.  Not sure if was my subconscious knowing i wasnt doing 5, but started out ahead of pace and was able to maintain. Also, loving the weather this week! low 80's, usually near 100 in Aug, i'm sure it will hit soon, knock on wood that it doesnt!

Wednesday: 3.11 miles. Work from home lunch run! My neighborhood has some good hill challenges, every other block is a hill. Temp wasn't supposed to be that bad, was a bit warmer than expected, index of 90. 

Thursday: 5 miles at the trail. Not much noted, besides it felt good. Afterward, saw a couple ppl checking out the map in the parking lot. Their first time there! Was so excited to tell them all about it! All the view points, possible animal sightings, inclines, etc.

Friday: 3.11 miles. This was my work on call week. Few calls earlier in the week, but able to go back to sleep. Not this morning. Woke around 3:30, issue wasn't that bad, back to bed, tossed and turned. That's it, I'm up. Work out done, mid work out, another call. Good thing I didn't plan on sleeping. Lol. Out for a run around sunrise, felt great! Lack of sleep didn't catch up until after lunch. Nothing afternoon coffee can't fix!


Sat: 10 miles at the trail. "Long" run day. Sat between longer saturdays, was nice. A sense of relief before even starting. Lol.. hydrated, half a Gu gel before starting. Tougher side first, gradual incline and back, feeling good, passed up hydrating as I passed my car at the mid point. Incline on the other side, slowed down a bit, finished my gel. Not much of a neg split on the way back from that side. The full trail is about 10.5, didnt bother with that .5 today.

Started to rain a bit after I got home, may be skipping yard work. Cleared up, got it done. Hate doing yard work on long run day, but I do try to rest on Sun rest day. 26k+ steps for the day..


Sun: rest day. One for the streak. A bit sore from yesterday. Hydrated, stretched. A bit tight to start, but got it going! Should probably slow down a bit on rest day, but it's so fun knowing there's only 1 to do!





August goals: 
  • 100 miles (3.33+ avg). Haven't had to make this a goal in a long time, but two weeks of the month may be a bit crazy. A week vacation that includes a schedule of hiking, and a half week staycation that includes having family stay at my house for 5 days. On both accounts, I hope me being more of a morning person helps me attain this goal. 
Update: Got some miles in through vacation 1 without disrupting our itinerary. 60 miles through 08/13. Remaining miles shouldn't be an issue, guests arrive 8/23. 
  • Long runs of 13/14 miles for #RnRPhilly training

Upcoming races:
Registered for:
  • 09/09 flying fish 5k, did this brewery 5k last yr, was a blast! 🏃🍺
  • 09/17 - Rock N Roll Philly, last yr, my first half! Officially back in training mode. Been maintaining long runs at 10. 11, 12, and 13 done, 14 to do.


  • 10/08 - Army Ten Miler!  (in dc) #RunArmyRunStrong

Contemplating:
  • 10/20-22 runners world. Not sure if I'll be up for a half so soon after the ATM, may do the 5/10k.


Can't go, but would love to (sched conflicts):
  • 09/16 Iron Pigs bacon 5k
  • 10/07 troegs hop dash 5k
  • 10/08 yuengling logger jogger 5k


Good luck to everyone with their training, keep kicking butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...