Sunday, November 12, 2017

Weekly Running Update: November 12th, 2017

Hi everyone!

How's everyone's training going?!



My Week in training:


Monday: 5 early miles. It usually takes a few days for me to adjust to the time change. Was up before 5am. Head out around 6. The weather was a bit warm, 60 and humid! Don't mind the weather, but trying to figure out what layers to wear in a couple weeks is tough. 😂. Run felt good, I do enjoy runnig through sunrise when I can.

Tuesday: strength training/non-running day, one for the streak. Up early, got ST and run in before work. Was a bit chillier than yesterday, wind chill 34! Brisk, but not bad.
Wednesday: 4 mi. Work from home day, lunch run done! #RUNch

Thursday: 1mi. Strength train/non-running day. Strength trained in the morning. Did the one and done mile run for the streak after work. 
Friday: woke up before my alarm. Got today's run in before work. 
Saturday: Six miles, long run day taper for the Philadelphia Marathon! Full details here! 
Sunday: "rest day", losing term that loosely. One mile for the streak, streak day 659. Woke up at my normal time, I rarely sleep in, even on weekends. Taking my time getting ready, knew i would be doing yard work immediately after and I try not to do yard work too early, don' want to disturb the neighbors. Out the door around 7:45. Wind chill was 33, received a pair of compression arm sleeves, decided to try them out instead of a long sleeve shirt. I was ok with the temperature, but not sure how I feel about the sleeves, had to readjust a few times mid run. May give them another try before making any decisions. Don't think I'd wear them for my race next week, too soon. After this morning's run, did another two hours of yard work, and remaining weekend chores. 9k steps thus far, will do my best to take it easy the rest of today's rest day!
One thing I did notice this week, with it being dark by 5:15 pm, and being in a hurry on Saturday due to plans, I didn't get to my fav trail. :(  With my race coming up this Sunday, I wont be going there this week as well, will be about three weeks by the time I go back. :( I have some time off after my marathon, will be sure to get there even if it's just a short run. 




November goals: 
  • Take taper and recovery days before the marathon seriously. Don't worry about missing 100 mi month. If it happens, it happens. Completing the marathon is this month's goal. 

Future races registered for/considering:
  • 11/19/17 - Philadelphia Marathon, my first full! Track my training updates here.
  • 03/24/18 - Phillies 5k. Have never done races back to back, already registered for the Love Run, but would hate to miss the Phillies 5k. "Free" baseball tickets! 
  • 03/25/18 - Philadelphia Love Run half marathon. Love the love run! Check out my 2017 review here: Race review: #LoveRunPhilly
  • 04/07/18 - Hot Chocolate 5k/15k. Still debating on this one, will let you know!
What is everyone currently training for? Signed up for a race? New to running, or maintaining until a race peaks interest? Whatever it is, good luck to everyone with their training, keep kicking butt!!

If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...