Sunday, March 4, 2018

Weekly Running Update: March 4th, 2018

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone's training is going well!

A few vaca days for me, but got my long run in!

My week in running: 

Monday: 1 mile. Rest day, one for the streak. Did my Monday run on Sunday and Sunday's run today. Travel day, didn't get a good night's sleep, always up a few times thinking about the day to come. Up early, worked out, stretch and out the door by 6:15.
Tuesday: 3.11 miles. Some different conditions for a few days. Clearwater, Fl. Nearby path was nice and smooth, a few slight inclines, but nothing to worry about. Ran around the Phillies stadium, Spectrum field, and practice facilities! For more baseball pics, check out my IG!
Wednesday: 5 miles. A bit tired to start. A day of sun and a few beverages may do that. A repeat of Tues route, but a bit further. Found a trail at the end, would have kept going, but not sure if it would loop back to where I needed. Planned for 4, passed my hotel at 4.5, kept going to round it out to 5. 
Thursday: 14 miles. Long run day, on a Thu? Sleep issues. Next vaca with fam, will definitely not room with someone that snores! Anyway. Wanted to checkout the causeway at some point. Figured since I have time and weather back home may be unpredictable on Saturday, would do this week's long run today. Poor planning. No protection against chafing, fuel, or hydration. Was a tough run with the heat, but beautiful views.
Friday: 3.11 miles. Usually do a rest day after long run day, but wanted to keep rest day to Sunday. Could still feel yesterday's run, but a smooth run around the hotel block x 2. Scheduled to travel home Friday, but  did not look promising. 
Saturday: 5 miles. Turns out, doing my long run Thu was the right thing to do! Friday's flight ended up getting cancelled, just wish it was cancelled before we checked out, returned our car, and went through tsa, etc.. Stayed at a nearby airport hotel. Short blocks, too many street lights, kept this run indoors. Saturday's run was at the hotel gym. Treadmills had a preset time limit of 30 min, had to do two runs to get 5 mi in. Also took advantage of the gym. Crunches, planks, curls/tri extensions, chest press. Traveled home Saturday night.  
Sunday: 1 mile. Rest day, one for streak. Streak day 771. Knew it would be cooler out, but didn't fully dress. Lack of hat and gloves was enough incentive to not take my time. Smooth run around the block. Still some snow on the ground and plenty of debris from Fri's wind storm.
This was week 11 of half marathon training. Using the training program below. 
To credit the images, it was pulled Coach Jenny Hadfield's training plans
Future races registered for:
  • 03/25/18 - Philadelphia Love Run half marathon. Love the love run! Check out my 2017 review here. 
  • 04/07/18 - Hot Chocolate 15k/5k!! (15k) Join me using code “BRHCPHILLY18” to score a BONUS Hot Chocolate branded cap!  
  • https://www.hotchocolate15k.com/philadelphia
    Check out my Hot Chocolate 15k race preview post here! 
  • 04/14/18 - Newport Rhode Races! Half marathon. They have 5k, half, and full marathon options! Use code "BibRave" to save 10% on race entry!
runri.us/newport-race-info/
Check out my race preview post here! 
  • 05/06/18 - Broad Street Run!  Assuming I win the lottery! (guess what, I did!) Love this race! My 2017 review here. 
Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...