Sunday, May 23, 2021

Weekly Running Report: May 23, 2021

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well! 

How's training going? Any races (IRL or virtual)?  

Reminder, if you're just skimming my blog, lol..  reminder that I also have gear and race discount tabs/pages on my blog site to check out as well. :) #BibRavePro

My Week in Training:

Monday: 7 miles. Sunday Funday, hydrated well, but slacked on foam roll/stretching, and had a few beverages. In bed on time.. but.. Up in the middle of the night and wide awake! Didn't think I would get anymore sleep, not sure if I did. Yesterday I was so tired midday, I had a 5 hr energy, wondering if that wired me too much... Not sure. Up a few min before my alarm. 30 min workout (arms, shoulders, core). Shoulder almost back to "normal" after pulling it last week. Foam roll my back, light stretch, and out the door by 6. Temps feeling nice again! Trying to enjoy it while I can. Off to a decent start, comfortable and a little faster than expected for a Monday. Monday is usually more toughest day, but feeling good. Scheduled for 6 mi, but changed my mind to 7. Felt the later inclines and hills, but legs weren't too too heavy. Happy overall, especially for a Monday with sleep and allergy issues. TMI time: allergies were a bit gross today. Constant drip/blowing my nose during my workout, took allergy pill, didn't help too much, and spit like my entire run. (somewhat normal, but even more often than normal).
Other side notes:
1. Saw a cat on a window sill, on the outside, think it wanted back in!
2. Running around a corner,  saw a fox after turning the corner, only 1 house away! It didn't stick around for pics. lol.. 
Tuesday: 7 miles. 
Remember how I said Monday is usually my toughest weekday. Well, that was today. lol.. Comfortable pace felt heavy and like I couldn't do much about it. Got better a few miles in, but then it's time to fight the inclines and hills. Hung in there for 8:30, but was a tough one. Wouldn't be hard on myself if it was a Monday, but since Monday went well, thought it might go a little better.
Wednesday: 3.11 miles. Tues, hydrated well, foam rolled/stretched (it's about time!), and a decent night's rest.. Speaking of rest.. had a crazy dream that my alarm was disabled, I slept in, missed my run and was late to work! Freaking ut about missing my run and when I'd get it in. Funny, wasn't too concerned about being late to work. Eventually woke up, looked at my alarm, laughed, and got a few more min rest..
Up at my alarm. Coffee, 45 min workout since I have a few extra minutes from a shorter run. (arms/shoulders/chest/ and core). Foam roll my back out and out the door by 6:15.  Will be trying to push it a bit, we'll see. Off to a decent start, but breathing was off, took a few min to adjust. Bringing pace down, had an alert that started with a 6!  But feeling it. Low 7's, but fading before the gradual hill at 1.2 mi. Fading up the hill, trying to regroup as it levels. Able to bring it down before the two smaller hills to end. Goal was 7:30, but faded closer to 7:40. Although there is a 5 second avg difference between my watch and phone today, rare that it is more than 2. Watch shows me cutting through a block and I had to go further than normal to end. Whatever...is what it is, till next time...  
Thursday 7 miles. Wed, hydrated well, foam rolled/stretched, and in bed on time.. Up just before my alarm. 30 min workout (arms/shoulders/core), and out the door by 6. Temps going up, was a hot afternoon yesterday, but ok this morning. Thursday is usually my best day, not this week... Who would of thought my best day would be Monday? lol.. First few min in and felt like slow motion. Comfortable pace, but legs feeling heavy when trying to pick it up. Still, try to keep in mind to ignore slow starts and keep at it. Eventually brought it down as I rolled along. 8:02 ish, but going back up as I approached the inclines before the hills. Hung in there for a bit before fading a bit more. Countdown going on the entire hour I was out there. lol.. Hung in there for 8:15, but wasn't pretty and could of easily been 8:30.
Friday: 5 miles. Thu, hydrated well, foam rolled/stretched. Did offset hydration by participating in ThirstyThursday, but behaved. In bed on time and got an excellent night's rest! Groggy when that alarm went off, but felt like the least interrupted sleep in a bit! Coffee, 30 min strength training (chest and core). (tmi time, barely got that 30 min in and almost late out the door, too many bathroom breaks). Foam roll my back, light stretch, and out the door by 6. Temps really going up, but not bad, yet. Legs were a little heavy yesterday, just hoping to be somewhat comfy today. Won't stress too much about pace, or so I tell myself. Off to an excellent start! Comfy and pace better than expected. Crazy how day to day can be so opposite. Pacing 7:40's and rolling right along. Focus on breathing, strike, etc. Fade slightly through inclines and hills. Countdown was on for the second half. Didn't expect to, but worked on it, maintain sub 8 overall. Tough last 10 minutes, but done! Felt pretty good overall. 
Saturday 18 miles.. Friday, hydrated well, foam rolled/stretched, and a decent night's rest.
Long run day, trail day, yay!18 miles? umm.. not so sure about this one. Last week, after doing 16, decided to sched 18 for this week. Last year between plans, rotated up to 16 till it was time to follow the plan. Thinking about doing up to 18 until it's time. Weather sure has changed in the past week, temps going up, for sure. Questioned it, but stuck to the plan.. At my trail by 6:15. Daylight is earlier, would love to start earlier, but my tummy just needs a little more time. My trail Pennypack Creek. Midway parking lot, Welsh and Terwood Rd. Starting towards the more wooded area to ByBerry Rd. Settled in around 8:30 early. Feeling the slightly warmer temps in the first couple miles. Going to be a fun one! Planned on taking pics before I got tired, but rolled along, no trail pics. New trail section past Byberry Rd to the end. Turn around and back to the midway parking lot. Made sure to hydrate as I passed my car at 7 mi. Off to the more gradual incline to Rockledge Park. Feeling it by mi 9. Questioned my decisions, but kept on going. From Rockledge, off the trail to my strava legend hill (stay away, it's mine!), around Rockledge for a couple. Back on the trail. On the way back, took a side trail from Lorimer Park to Pennypack Park for about 2.5 and back. Loving that I added a couple side options instead of doing the rail trail multiple times, but one thing I miss by doing that, less opportunities to pass my car for hydration. Around 15 mi, was looking for fountains at Pennypack Park and Lorimer. Jokingly thought of jumping in the creek to cool off. Back on the trail, got back into some kind of groove to finish out. Felt the sun, but knowing it was flat the last 1.5 helped ease my mind. Rough, but done. We shall see if I do another 18 before it's called for. lol.. 
Sunday: 3.11 miles. Saturday, hydrated very well, did an ice bath, failed to foam roll/stretch. Offset hydration a bit with beverages, but did hydrate along. Stayed up past my bed time. Planned to sleep in, but up at 6. Slow to get up, but coffee, and moving along. Eventually out the door around 8:30. So now that summer temps have arrived, that Sunday sleep in may not always be a good thing. A  bit warm. Feeling yesterday's "long" run, but going for 3 to end the week at 50 mi. Off to a better start than expected, but feeling it, not trying to over do it. Heat kicking in.. First mi faster than planned, but pulling back a bit. Hill starts around 1.2.  Gradual incline. This hill goes by at least 5 religious buildings, Churches, schools, convent, etc. I usually make an effort not to cuss as i go by. Not thinking about it, definitley cussing my way up the hill. Unfortunately there's a corner I couldn't see around. There was a small family in there Sunday best on their way to church as I cussed my way past. Apoligized profusely, felt bad. lol..  Tried to regroup as the hill leveled out, but two smaller hills in 2-3, through and done. 
Outside of Running: 
What did I do besides run, workout, work, and chores this week? Two outings s this week. One out to dinner, Mad Mex, my fav wings! And an outiing to Bishop Estate Winery to meet up with friends that we havent seen since pre-pandemic! Great to see them! Watched HLN's Very Scary People (murder docu series), re-watching Schitt's Creek (wife hasn't seen it yet),  baseball, basketball..
Q: How about you? Anything exciting outside of running? Any adventures? binge watching anything?


Weekly Summary:
Miles: weekly 50 miles running 
Year to Date: 934.6 miles running
Hill Goal (for the yr):   54944/100k elevation gain. Initial goal 100k to beat last yr's 98k. 
Strength Training: Goal 180 minutes, 181 minutes completed. What type of strength training do I do? Core: crunches, planks, leg raises. Weights: biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest. 
Hydration Goal:  7 days 
Foam Roll: 4 days 
Training Plan:  Loosely following the below plan structure until it's time to follow for a race. 
Image from Coach Jenny Hadfield
Race Schedule: 

Nothing in the immediate future, but I am toying with the idea of running the Delaware Running Festival marathon on June 13. Have enough time to recover, and get a few long runs in. It's a matter of making sure my personal plans are clear with this late of notice. And if I really want to run that far in June temps.

Further down the line:

10.17.2021 - NJ Marathon - deferral from spring 2020. 

11.21.2021 - Philadelphia Marathon - deferral from 2020 (registered the day after 2019's race!). 

Be sure to check out my Race and Gear discount pages from my blog site. #BibRavePro ;)

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 

If you do any races(virtual or IRL), please remember to review them on BibRave.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...