Sunday, January 9, 2022

Weekly Running Report: January 9, 2022

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well! 

Well, one of my new year goals is to get back to this blogging thing. Easy to keep up once it's routine, fall off for a couple weeks and totally fall off. lol...

How is your training going? Having fun weather? Training for any spring races? Check out my sched at the bottom of this post. ;)

Reminder that if you are just skimming, that I have race and gear discount tabs on my blog site.#BibRavePro

My Week in Training: 

Monday: 7 miles, Strength Training: arms/shoulders/core
Could of used more rest. Up once overnight and once my mind got moving, was up for a bit. Shin hurt slightly, but manageable and felt fine once I got going. 30+ min workout now (and a few more later) and out the door by 6. Snow in the forecast, but nothing! Don't want to get too excited. I am looking fwd to seeing some snow. But also won't forget last February, we didn't have safe trails for over a month. Was a little brisk out tho, and lungs felt it briefly. Got rolling along. Legs still a little heavy from Sat long run, but happy overall. 
Stretch/foam roll: completed
Tuesday: 7 mi, Strength Training: chest/core
Poor night's rest. In bed on time, but had a work issue around 1. Issue was short, but was wide awake for a while, tossing/turning. Tired when that alarm hit, but up. Workout done, stretch my shin, and out the door by 6. Brisk! 19 degrees! Haven't seen that temp in a bit. Still shorts weather tho. lol.. Off I go. Felt pretty decent. Small issue early. A poorly lit street, that I'm usually fine with the 1 lamp post and minimal housing lights, there was someone that was getting in their car, so I went to the opposite side of the road to give them space. Could see around, but dark just in front. Well, I tripped over a Christmas tree that was placed by the curb! Tripped, fell forward, little judo roll, up and running. Fine. Pride hurt more than anything. Good thing I was wearing gloves or my left hand would of been scuffed. Rest of the run wasn't as exciting, but felt pretty decent. 
Stretch/foam roll: completed
Wednesday: 5 miles,  Strength Training: arms/shoulders/core
Decent night's rest, but a little slow to get out of bed when that alarm hit. But picked it up once I got out of bed. Shin feeling a little better, not much wincing going down stairs. Stretched it out and out the door by 6. Freezing rain in the forecast, not much coming down yet. Ground appeared damp, didn't think anything of it till I hit the road. a light coating of ice, it must f rained at least a bit and froze! saw there were a few clear patches and kept on. Sliding a bit when pushing off, shortened my stride and took my first turnaround very cautiously. I then passed my house, foolishly not pausing to switch shoes. Decided to keep going and see how the rest of the hood is. Silly me. First steep hill, start my descent, quickly decide that going down I would probably fall backwards and decided against it. Will be skipping a couple hills today, darn. lol.. There wasn't too many clear patches as I was hoping for. Remained cautious rest of the way. Turnarounds and intersections that usually have puddles were especially slick! Was meaning to do a comfy pace today and the conditions helped force it a bit. 
Stretch/foam roll: complete
Thursday: 7 miles, Strength Training: chest/core
Decent rest. Coffee, workout, etc. Shin feeling decent. Wasn't feeling up for a speed day, but wanted to have a somewhat decent outing since snow may be affecting the upcoming days. Got into rhythm, pushing it, but was work to maintain sub 8 through my midway hills. Fluctuated towards the end, barely hanging on. Rough, but fun! Got to see the beginning of a nice sunrise, my pics don't do it justice! 
Stretch/foam roll: complete
Friday: 5 miles,  Strength Training: arms/shoulders/core
Well, the forecast throughout yesterday looked like we'd be getting snow overnight, and we did! Had all my running snow gear ready, and my shoveling gear ready for right after. Decent rest, up once overnight and looked out and saw snow! Up, coffee, workout, and out the door around 6. Snow wasn't too deep. Pacing is always affected at least a bit in snow. lol.. Go with a comfy/cautious pace, calves will be affected from the extra chopping and push, once in a groove, maybe able to pick it up. maybe. I was able to for a little and let it go back. My first couple streets didn't have any tracks yet, but most of the hood had some tire tracks to work with. The extra light from the snow was nice. Could see pretty well on one of my darkest streets because of the light from the snow. Which was nice. Temps weren't that bad. Last night the forecast for this morning was about 20, but turned out to be about 25. Did have to ditch my glasses early since it was still snowing a bit. Also.. loved the crazy looks from my neighbors that were out clearing their cars. lol.. Had fun out there. I say that now, but we'll see if I'm still saying that later in the season. lol.. 
Quick round of shoveling before work, done. Will still need at least one more round later. 
Stretch/foam roll: complete
Full pics on Facebook
Saturday: 14 miles, strength training: core.
Well.. after yesterday's snow, temps remained low. Roads were clear, but off road had the snow was hard and crunchy. Didn't think it would be much fun at the trail, although I heard it was pretty. A little softer of a snow, maybe. Made the decision last night to do today's long run in my neighborhood. blah. Will be repetitive, and more hills than I would prefer. But hey, hills are good for you, right? Got a decent night's rest. Adjusted my alarm, figured I'd head out after sun up after 7. Well, good thing I made that decision. Had a work call around 6:15. I probably would of been in route to the trail if it was trail day. I'm not on call this week for work, but our newbie is, and if they have any questions they have to page out to one of us. Easy issue, but a little time consuming. Able to continue getting my gear ready so I can head out shortly after. Didn't head out till about 7:45. Good thing I don't have plans later. Although I usually try not to have plans till after noon on most long run days. Out the door. Brisk! 19 degrees! But full sun, actually blinded me on the first street! lol.. My plan today was to try to maintain a comfy pace. Started out just slightly faster than planned, but not too fast. Once I got to my hills, I naturally faded to my goal pace. My route was basically a variance of my 7 mi route, minus a loop street, with duplication of most streets and doing my least favorite hills three times. Had a count down in my head most of the second half and added a street and two hills on the opposite side of my normal routes. Last few hills were rough, legs got heavy, but done. Temps were fine once I got going. Although when I took my gloves off to fuel, my fingers refroze and took a few minutes to re defrost. And I think I felt icicles go down my back. After my run, I saw that my hydration bottle had a little bit of a slushie in it! My drink was starting to freeze! lol.. 
Stretch/foam roll: complete
Sunday: 5 miles, strength training:  arms/shoulders/core
Decent rest. Up past my bed time watching mediocre football (Eagles/Cowboys). Did have a few beverages, including Troegs Nugget Nectar, a favorite! Got a good night's rest. Up, did a short workout. On a Sunday? woah. lol...Out the door around 9. Wintry mix about to start, but nothing yet. Run felt pretty good to start. Changed my mind from 4-5 mi. Through the motions and felt pretty good. Avoided a couple hills, will be sure to tackle them tomorrow. Did get tired in the last mi. Maybe I shouldn't of done an extra mi on what's supposed to be rest day? We shall see tomorrow. lol.. 
Stretch/foam roll: pending.
What did I do besides run, workout, work, and chores? Currently binge watching Cobra Kai season 4. (released Jan 1). Although I'm sure I'll probably be done by the time I post this. lol..  (Yup! finished it in less than a week!)

Q: How about you? Anything exciting outside of running? Any adventures? Binge watching anything?

Weekly Summary:
Miles: 50 weekly  miles running 
Year to Date: 74.3 miles running 
Hill Goal (for the yr):  120 k: currently at: 
Strength Training: Goal 3 hours minimum, 4:10:42  completed. What type of strength training do I do? Core: crunches, planks, leg raises, mountain climbers. Weights: biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest. 
Foam Roll/Stretch:  7 days
Weight (putting this out there. I know I don't have to earn my food/drink, but putting this out there, maybe I'll have a few less wings/beer, less over carb loading): on 01/01/21: 156. This week fluctuation: 155-158
Training Plan:  Not back on a plan just yet, but would follow a plan similar to the below: 
Image from Coach Jenny Hadfield
Race Schedule: 

3.27.22 - Philly Love Run Half Marathon (deferral from '20!) But this has always been my fav spring half! (official PR's there each time!, hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying that!)

05.01.22 - Broad Street Run? - usually the first Sunday in May. Hope it's back on this year! (at it's normal time, was moved to Oct in 21)

05.15.22 - Jim Thorpe marathon, but that's not until May! Have various travels going on this yr, was looking for an easy drive, affordable race and hotel. A flat scenic course that includes a train ride to the start! 

Fall: 
10.02.2022 - Chicago Marathon (via deferral from '20!, can't wait!)

11.18-20.2022 - Philly Marathon Weekend

Be sure to check out my Race and Gear discount pages from my blog site. #BibRavePro ;)
Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! If you do any races(virtual or IRL), please remember to review them on BibRave.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...