Monday, October 9, 2017

Week Ending 10/08

Hi Felllow runners!

How's everyone's training going?



This week was couple trails days, couple 5k's, tapering, and the Army Ten Miler in DC!


Monday: 5 miles at my trail. (Pennypack Creek, Huntingdon Valley, Pa). Another tired Monday at work. Coffee and hydrated plenty during the day. Run didnt feel bad for a Monday.



In previous posts I mentioned my trail has at least 7 scenic bridges, confirmed there are at least 10. Stopped at bridge number 9.  Really like seeing this one as I approach it go through it.





Tuesday: 5 miles on the other trail. (my trail is 10.5, park in middle, choose one for mid week runs.)

Paused on my way back at one of the many places to check out the creek. 





Wednesday: my work from home day! 5k lunch run! (RUNch).



Thursday: 4 miles. Hills! looking back, questioning my decision to do hills this close to a race. 



Friday: 2 mile taper.



Saturday: 1 mile, one and done for the streak, have to hit the road early to head to DC!



Sunday: Army Ten Miler! Just a tad bit humid! lol Got to run from the Pentagon, by some national monuments, and back. Not much of a description? You can find my full review here! 





October goals: 
  • Taper for the Army Ten miler.
  • Resume long run training for the Philadelphia Marathon!
  • Taper for the RW 5k, get the long run in the following day. 

Upcoming races:
  • 10/21/17 - Runners World 5k, (Bethlehem, Pa): A festival of running?! Don't think I'd be up for the half being so close to the Army Ten Miler, but really wanted to check out the festival. Got some buddies doing the 5k, can't wait!
  • 11/19/17 - Philadelphia Marathon, my first full! Track my training updates here.
  • 03/25/18 - Philadelphia Love Run half marathon. Love the love run! Check out my 2017 review here: Race review: #LoveRunPhilly



If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G


Good luck to everyone with their training, keep kicking butt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...