Sunday, November 26, 2017

Weekly Running update: November 26th, 2017

Hi everyone!


How's everyone's training going?!



Marathon recovery week: (if you haven't heard by now, I did my first full marathon on the 19th. race review here. 


My "recovery" week: 

Monday: 1 mile, one for the streak, day 667. Had the day off work, woke up at my normal time, but took my time moving around. Out for my mile around 7:30. Some overall soreness, but felt much better than expected! Shortly after my run, did a few hrs of yard work. I neglected yard work during my taper week, don't think i can do that for my recovery week as well. So many leaves! 3+ hrs yard work. 11k steps.

Tuesday: 2 miles. Still some overall soreness. Another day off from work. I love year end "random" vacation days to burn! Slept in about 30 minutes, 7 am. Took my time, coffee, couple shows, head out around 9. Feeling it a bit more sore than yesterday, but got it done. Plus another 2 hrs of yard work. 12k steps


Wednesday: 3.11 miles. My work from home day. Before running, still feeling a little soreness in my left ankle and my right hip. Toes are still a bit sensitive. The run itself felt fine at first. My quads were feeling it a bit later on in the run. There were some cool skies for today's run, but wasn't really able to capture that on my cool down afterwards. There were spots of sun on one side and dark clouds and wind on the other. 


Thursday 3.11 miles. Thanksgiving day, gobble gobble! I definitely enjoy doing a Turkey Trot, but thought it would be wise to decline doing a race during recovery week. Still did a 5k though, at my own pace. Didn't set the alarm. Slept in a few minutes later than usual. It's a bit chilly out, took my time getting ready. Had some coffee, worked for a few minutes. When I eventually did head out, wind chill 27! Threw an extra layer on. Probably didn't need it. Did another hr of yard work after my run. 12k steps.

Since it was Thanksgiving, would like to thank you all for your support. Already feel blessed in my personal life, but in running as well. Not everyone has the ability/opportunity to run, it's not to be taken for granted. Thankful for the opportunity and support from family, friends, followers, and online communities.

Friday: 3.11 miles. Black Friday, but had to work. Saw several posts throughout the day how unusually warm it was. On my way out from work, my car said it was 50. Not sure what the wind chill was, but should of had my gloves and/or hat to start. Got chilly, had to use my sleeves as gloves for a bit. lol. Warmed up mid way. I don't get many nature pics on neighborhood runs, but got one of the sky just before nightfall.



Saturday: slow moving in the morning. Will probably be a trend when it's cold out. lol.  Had my coffee, worked for a few minutes. Got to my trail (Pennypack Creek) shortly after 8. Not sure if it was the neighborhood hills, but being back at the trail felt great! Haven't been there in a couple weeks, definitely missed it! Saturday would typically be long run day, but in recovery mode for the week and not doing a training plan for another few weeks. Felt good to go to the trail and do whatever I wanted! My trail is 5.25 miles. I park in the middle, did one half and back. Did the side with more gradual incline. Started out faster than planned, but felt good and kept with it. The incline eventually slowed me down, but had a great time out there!


Saw my pic was a bit blurry, but it's steam! took a vid:
remnants from when the trail was used trains: 
Sunday: 1 mi. rest day, one for the streak. Streak day 673. Woke up early, couldn't sleep. Coffee, light chores. Out by 7:30. Wind chill 38, not bad, was properly dressed. Still some light soreness in my left ankle and right hip, but able to get through it. I don't have to yard work today, hasnt gotten bad since Thursday. Which is a good thing, but will probably have to by mid-week, but cant until next Sunday, so that will drive me crazy. Will take it easy today.

Overall for the week, still some light soreness. But to be honest, experiencing light soreness since week 15 of marathon training. Doing yard work didn't help, but not much that I can do about that. Will continue to monitor the pain, and cut back if needed. 


During recovery am trying not to think to much about upcoming races.. as I sip from my #LoveRunPhilly mug. 🍵😉

Future races registered for/considering:
  • 03/24/18 - Phillies 5k. Have never done races back to back, already registered for the Love Run, but would hate to miss the Phillies 5k. "Free" baseball tickets!  2017 review here!
  • 03/25/18 - Philadelphia Love Run half marathon. Love the love run! Check out my 2017 review here. 
  • 04/07/18 - Hot Chocolate 5k/15k. Still debating on this one, will let you know!
  • May, 2018. (Date TBD) Broad Street Run!  Assuming I win the lottery! My 2017 review here. 

What is everyone currently training for? Signed up for a race? New to running, or maintaining until a race peaks interest? Whatever it is, good luck to everyone with their training, keep kicking butt!!

If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...