Sunday, December 3, 2017

Weekly Running Update: December 3rd, 2017

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone's training is going well!

My week in review:

Monday: 4 miles, after work. My left ankle was feeling it to start, but got better. Quads filling it towards the end, was a good hill workout though.
I prefer to run during daylight, but I do get to see some cool skies as I get started. 

Tuesday 3.11 miles after work. Was a long day at work. Third shift called overnight with an issue,  issues falling back to sleep after the issue was resolved. Tired, but got it done!

Wednesday: 4 miles after work. Wednesday is my normal work from home day, but my backup is on vaca and one of us has to make an appearance in the office. No lunch run today. :(  Start of the run felt great! Ankle seemed fine. Shins a bit tight, but loosened up early. Quads were feeling it later on during the hills, but not as bad.
Thursday: 3.11 miles before work. Woke up early. Got a good night's rest, could feel more morning energy than I have had recently. Was able to get out before work. Felt good most of the way. 

Month end: with all the tapering leading into the marathon, it didn't look like I would hit 100, but was in the 80's after it. Did some streak miles and recovery runs after, ended with 117. Low month for the yr, but passed my yearly goals. I remember at the mid yr point thinking there's no way I'll do an 18+, serioisly questioning that goal. To that I say, "Trust the plan!".
 

Friday: 6.22 miles. woke up a few minutes early. Blessing and a curse. Knew I could toss and turn and maybe sleep 10 more minutes, or get up and go for a run. Saturday and maybe Sunday will be streak miles, wanted to go further if possible. Felt good, couple hills before the 4 mi point can be rough but got through it. Rest of the way felt good. I knew there would be a chance I'd be late for work, but I have overtime. Less than 10 minutes late. With the day I had, should of just kept running. I kid. Love my job, but it was a rough day.
Saturday: 3.11 miles. Early. I had early plans on Saturday. Friends arriving at my house by 7:30 am. I tried to go to bed early, was in bed around 10. I set my alarm for 5, of course I woke up before my alarm. Was able to get a few in with time to spare. Felt good most of the way.
My plans on Saturday included a road trip to Maryland, about 2.5 hr drive. From there we were on a brewery tour. This was an early celebration of my upcoming birthday. My friends and I had a great time! Would definitely recommend Maryland Brewery Tours and each brewery we visited!

Sunday: I definitely did not sleep well. Between yesterday's shenanigans and having issues sleeping in foreign places, was up early. I planned on getting at least a short run in, and then found out there was a trail behind my hotel! I head out around 6:30 am. I did not realize it was raining, nor did I pack for it. Went to the gym. I hate treadmills. Definitely counted each mile down! I sweat out all those toxins from the night before. After the run, did core training and weights.


Once I was done, took a look outside, rain cleared up. Ok, maybe just one mile. Planned on turning back after  .5, but could tell the remainder of the trail wasn't much longer.

December goals:
  • Have fun! No race training for a few more weeks, enjoy the trail when you can and do whatever I want!
  • 135 miles. No way I'll get 1700 miles for the yr, but 1650 may be doable. 


Future races registered for/considering:
  • 03/24/18 - Phillies 5k. Have never done races back to back, already registered for the Love Run, but would hate to miss the Phillies 5k. "Free" baseball tickets!  2017 review here!
  • 03/25/18 - Philadelphia Love Run half marathon. Love the love run! Check out my 2017 review here. 
  • 04/07/18 - Hot Chocolate 5k/15k. Still debating on this one, will let you know!
  • May, 2018. (Date TBD) Broad Street Run!  Assuming I win the lottery! My 2017 review here. 

What is everyone currently training for? Signed up for a race? New to running, or maintaining until a race peaks interest? Whatever it is, good luck to everyone with their training, keep kicking butt!!

If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...