Sunday, March 25, 2018

Weekly Running Update: March 25th, 2018


Hi Everyone!


My spring race season has finally kicked off! Week 14 of half marathon training, week ending with the Philadelphia Love Run!


Goal for the week: taper, rest, stretch, and hydrate!


Monday: 4 miles after work. Foam rolled last night. Hydrated well at work. Spring-like weather today. Concentrated more on breathing, felt great most of the way!

Tuesday: 1 mile. On my lunch break? I knew there was a chance of snow today, but have been in a bit of denial. First day of spring! Probably should have gotten a run in before work. After I got to work I heard more of the snow chatter.. Forecast is 8-13 inches from afternoon to tomorrow night! The flurries just started on my lunch break. I am fortunate enough to be able to go home for about 30 min on my lunch. Got my run in! Don't think I could go much further without being late, but today is a scheduled rest day anyway. The snow started, and some freezing rain. Incentive to get it done in a hurry! Tomorrow should be interesting!
Wednesday: 4 miles. Early! Still a forecast of 8-12. Got up early. Just a coating of ice on the sidewalks. Streets were mostly clear. Still wore the yaktrax just in case! Was definitely a bit tired throughout, and the yaktrax require a bit more effort. Done before the storm resumed!
Thursday: 1 mile before work. Rest day, one for the streak. We did get plenty of snow yesterday! Shoveled several rounds. The snow was almost done when heading to bed, but wanted to get up early just in case we had to shovel out. Up early, snow wasn't that bad. The streets were plowed and salted, but Yaktrax were still needed. Definitely got some funny looks from my neighbors that were still digging their way out!
Friday: 1 mile after work. Rest day, one for the streak. The sun has been out for two days now! Streets are clear. Temp wasn't bad either. Started a bit fast and slowed it down a notch. 
Saturday: 2 mile taper. Smooth comfortable run, working on breathing, taking it easy, and thinking about tangents. 

Sunday: 13.1 miles. Race day! The Philadelphia Love Run, aka #LoveRunPhilly. A bunch to say.. but will hold that till the race review. Should be out within a few days ;) 

This was week 14 of half marathon training. Using the training program below. 
To credit the images, it was pulled Coach Jenny Hadfield's training plans
Future races registered for:
  • 04/07/18 - Hot Chocolate 15k/5k!! (15k) Join me using code “BRHCPHILLY18” to score a BONUS Hot Chocolate branded cap!  
  • https://www.hotchocolate15k.com/philadelphia
    Check out my Hot Chocolate 15k race preview post here! 
  • 04/14/18 - Newport Rhode Races! Half marathon. They have 5k, half, and full marathon options! Use code "BibRave" to save 10% on race entry!
runri.us/newport-race-info/
Check out my race preview post here! 
  • 05/06/18 - Broad Street Run! This is definitely a fav! My 2017 review here. 
Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...