Sunday, May 20, 2018

Weekly Running Update: May 20, 2018

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well! Anyone do any races or have one coming up? Let us know! My race schedule is over for now.. Will be looking for suggestions!

My week in training: 

Monday: 5 miles after work. Wanted to head to the trail after work, but had a tight time constraint. Making it a hill day (400 ft accent). Feeling it in the quads a bit. A bit warm out, but not extreme. The worst part of the run for me was the allergies. Used my nose spray before stepping out, but couldn't breath most of the way.

running selfie 05.14.18
Tuesday: 3.11 miles after work. Severe thunderstorms, flood, and even a tornado warning! Leaving work, everything still looked fine. Oh, I can get to the trail and beat the rain, ha! Smooth day at the trail (Pennypack Creek). Did part of the gradual incline side and back. Well, done just in time. Wind and clouds started moving in. Storm started on my drive home, came home to no power. Received an alert before bed that power won't be restored until noon tomorrow. Time to test the generator!
running selfie 05.15.18
storm clouds moving in!
Wednesday: 4 miles. Work from home day, yay! Well, usually a lunch run for me. No power overnight, had to deal with a generator, was successful, but did not get a good night sleep. Up before my alarm. Might as well run! Misty and humid out. Tired, but not bad. My running app had to be reinstalled yesterday, and forgot to set it to 1 min alerts (default 1 mi alerts), had to run on feel today. A few seconds slower, but pretty consistent.
running selfie 05.16.18
Thursday: 5 miles after work. Streched /foam rolled in the morning. To the trail after work! Opposite trail as Tue. Misty most of the day, non issue. Realized early that I forgot to update the alert setting. Run on feel again. Consistent, but prefer the more frequent alerts. A bit tight most of the way, but not bad.
running selfie 05.17.18
trail bridge over creek
Friday: 3.11 miles before work. Up early, wasn't planned, but I do prefer morning runs, especially if I wake up naturally. Up, stretched, etc, out the door by 6! A bit tight to start, but not bad overall. And I finally remembered to update my run app to 1 min notifications. :) A bit humid out, but not bad. 
running selfie 05.18.18
Saturday: 10+ miles. Long run day, yay! Well, sort of yay. lol Knew rain was going to be in the forecast. Last night before bed, looked like there were going to be a few breaks. Looking at it today, an all day event. No alarm, but up before my normal time. Morning routine, coffee, work for a few min, etc. At the trail before 7! Original goal was to do the entire trail. 10.5 (5.25 x2) Parked in the middle. Went with the trail with bigger hill at the end. To that end, back to the middle, passed on the opportunity to hydrate, to the more gradual side and back to the midpoint. Besides the constant rain, was a pleasant day at the trail. A few other people, but not as packed as normal for a Saturday. Enjoyed the gravel, (a few puddles and slick spots to avoid, but not bad), rustling of the trees and steady flow of the creek.
running selfie 05.19.18

Sunday: rest day, one for the streak. Streak day 848. Smooth mile around the neighborhood. Weather still a bit grey for now, but the rain cleared up. Humidity 100%! Non issue, but will be doing yard work today. :( lol
running selfie 05.20.18

smashrun.com pic of streak day
Race Schedule: done with Spring/Summer races at the moment. But you can check out my recent race reviews, here! Let me know if you have any upcoming race suggestions! (Preferably within 2 hrs of Philly.) 

Fall Schedule: 
10.07.18 - Army Ten Miler? A revenge race for me. Will let you know when I'm officially registered. My 2017 review, here!

10.20.18 - Runner's World Half Festival. (5k & 10k). My 2017 5k review, here!

11.04.18 - TCS New York City Marathon! - Still can't believe I won the lottery on my 1st try!

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...