Sunday, May 6, 2018

Weekly Running Update: May 6, 2018

Happy Sunday all!

Anyone doing any races or training for one? Let us know! This week was the Broad Street Run! Sorry, race details will be in a separate post. ;)

My Week in training: (Taper week, i tend to do a couple extra miles on non running days of my training program, but I try not to stray too much on the last week)

Monday: 5 mi after work. Trail day, yay! Perfect way to start the week! Could tell immediatley that I didn't hydrate well today. Oops! Overall, still a good day at the trail. (Pennypack Creek). Did the side with a hill at the end. Middle of my run today saw some deer! Paused, got my camera out, but they didn't stick around for much longer.
trail run with deer, 043018
Tuesday: 1 mi after work. Rest day. One for the streak. Smooth mile around the neighborhood.
running selfie 050118
Wednesday: 4 mi. Work from home day, lunch run! Definitely needed the mid day stress reliever today! Feeling the heat (index 90? what happened to spring?), hills, and allergies a bit today!
running selfie 050218
Thursday: 1 mi before work. rest day, one for the streak. Had plans after work, set my alarm to get it in before work!
running selfie 050318
Friday: 1 mi before work. Rest day, one for the streak. Streak day . Didn't plan on getting up early, just sort of happened. Might as well get it in before work! Did yard work after work. :( Usually save yard work until after long run day, but the grass is growing too fast! Darn fertilizer is doing it's job! lol Tried not to over exert myself doing yard work. Saved the heavier stuff for Monday. Made sure to foam roll and hydrate before bed!
running selfie 050418
skyline, cool clouds from this morning's run 050418
Saturday: 2 mi. Last taper day, yay! A comfortable 2 miles. Little extra effort on hills, but didn't go overboard. A little tightness before and after the run. Will do my best to hydrate and foam roll today!
running selfie 050518
Sunday: Race day, yay! Pic below from the Broad Street Run. Race review will follow in the next day or so. Keep an eye out for it! ;)

I recently used the below training program. I was redoing week 6,13,14 between my last race and Broad Street. This was week 14.To credit the images, it was pulled Coach Jenny Hadfield's training plans
half marathon training program
Future races:
That's it for my spring lineup?! Four races in seven weeks, cant believe its over! My fall schedule is coming together. Will let you know if I add anything to Spring/Summer! let me know if you have any suggestions that are within a couple hrs of Philly. 

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...