Sunday, June 10, 2018

Weekly Running Update: June 10, 2018

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is well! How's training going? Any races, which ones? This week I am tapering for  the Dairy Air 10k!

My week in training:

Monday: 5 miles after work. Blah Monday at work. Busy, but not too crazy. Tired, but still looking forward to the trail (Pennypack Creek)! I rested and stretched yesterday, hoping to feel a little more loose today. Cooler weather was nice as well! Started out a bit fast for me. (7:50 ish). Eventually cut it back to 8:15 and maintained it there. Felt great the entire way! 
Tuesday: 1 mile before work. Rest day, taper. Started out a little slow. Then, I accidentally hit my blue tooth button, no music, gar! Was just getting into gear, didn't mess with fixing it. Worked on breathing and pacing. Once I was in my groove got my tunes back on. Able to get into my pace with no music for half of it. Besides that snafu, a great run. 
Wednesday: 4 miles, early. Wednesday is normally my work from home day, but today was also my work's company cookout day. A few people tried guilting me into going in today, but I was planning to run at lunch and yard work after work. That was the plan. Well, it's my on-call week, 3rd shift woke me up at 5, well, that's it, I was up. It was nice and brisk out this morning. Felt great to get it in early. Might as well go to work. Cookout was a good time. Glad it worked out.

Thursday: 1 mile before work. Smooth mile around the block before work. 
Friday: 2 miles before work. Woke up a few min before my alarm. Probably could of used a few more minutes, ended up being 5 min late to work. Oh well, that's what overtime is for. ;) First mile was near race pace. Worked on breathing and pacing. Second mile backed off a bit. 
Saturday: 6.22 miles. Race day, yay! Dairy Air 10k. First 10k race in a long time! One pic from race day, race details will be in a separate post. Keep an eye out for my race review! ;) 

Sunday: rest day, usually one and done for the streak. Streak day 869. Felt like going for a bit more after a week of tapering. Could definitely feel the hills from yesterday and today.

Race Schedule:  The Dairy Air 10k, was kinda sporadic. Was invited to do another race, had a conflict, and then felt the itch to find one! I may do one more race this summer before concentrating on the fall. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Preferably within 2 hrs of Philly. 

Fall Schedule: 
10.07.18 - Army Ten Miler! A revenge race for me. My 2017 review, here!

10.20.18 - Runner's World Half Festival. (5k & 10k). My 2017 5k review, here!

11.04.18 - TCS New York City Marathon! - Still can't believe I won the lottery on my 1st try!

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...