Sunday, June 3, 2018

Weekly Running Update: June 3, 2018

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is well! Anyone do any races or training for one, which one(s)? I just signed up for a race next week! Dairy Air 10k, in Doylestown, Pa! Sounds like we'll be running by farmland. Ice Cream and beer afterwards! 

My week in training:

Monday: 5 miles. Day off from work, some light chores to do later in the day, but plenty of time to sleep in. Nope, up at my normal time. Tired. Took my time with my morning routine. Over at the trail (Pennypack Creek) by 8. Park in the middle, did the side with the hill at the end. First half was pretty much just through the motions, got a second wind, felt great on the way back! My splits are usually consistent, or a steady fade, but could see that I was feeling better.
Tuesday: 3.11 miles before work. Plans after work. Set the alarm to get up early. Wasn't looking forward to it at first, but went to bed early. Woke up before my alarm! Decent amount of rest, was ready to go! Coffee, morning routine, and stretching done, out the door by 6!
Wednesday: Work from home day, lunch run! Decent morning at work, not overly stressed at all, but always great to get a lunch run in!
Thursday: 4 miles after work. Just a bit humid out, and the air was thick! Used my nose spray beforehand, that barely helped, tough breathing today. Humidity was kicking, sweating early! Usually do a good job of hydrating during the day, but occasionally slack towards the end. Need to stay on top of it, especially before/after heading out!
Friday: 4 miles after work. Going to the trail tomorrow, but have been thinking about it. Decided to head over after work. Park in the middle. Did the side with the gradual incline. Starting to taper, scheduled for 4, knew I may be tempted to go to the end (5.25ish), but with the weather, it was a bit easier for me to stick to the plan. :)

Saturday: 6.22 miles. My on-call week for work. Up at my normal time, but had to work for a couple hrs. Didnt get over there till about 8:15. Prefer to get there earlier, especially with summer temps starting to kick in. Did the side with the hill at the end. Start to that hill end went smoothly, could feel the hill a bit. Had to tack on about 1 mi. Decided to do a couple laps around the business complex at that end. Back to the trail, starting to feel the hill and humidity, slowed down a notch, but enjoyed the run.
Sunday: rest day, one for the streak. Streak day 862. Smooth mile around the neighborhood. The temps were noticeably cooler! Was very refreshing! 
Race Schedule: 

06.09.18 - Dairy Air 10k! 

After that, I may do one more race before fall marathon training starts. Any races to recommend in the July/early Aug time frame? Preferably within 2 hrs of Philly. Let me know!

Fall Schedule: 
10.07.18 - Army Ten Miler! A revenge race for me. My 2017 review, here!

10.20.18 - Runner's World Half Festival. (5k & 10k). My 2017 5k review, here!

11.04.18 - TCS New York City Marathon! - Still can't believe I won the lottery on my 1st try!

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...