Monday, November 19, 2018

Weekly Running Update: November 18, 2018

Hi Everyone!

It's been a couple weeks since NYC.. I think I'll do another marathon? The Philadelphia Marathon!

My Week in Training:

Monday 4 miles before work. Sunday was rest day, but was also a late Philadelphia Eagles game. Was up way past my bed time. Up till at least 11:30, and up before my alarm on Monday. Not as tired as expected. Foam rolled before I head out. Weather getting a bit chilly this week, the brisk air felt great!
Tuesday: 1 mile. Rest day, one for the run streak. Run streak day 1,025. Poured overnight. Last night, the forecast showed it may end by 6, well, it didn't. Was still coming down hard when I got up, but lightened up a bit. Wasn't looking forward to stepping out, but wasn't bad once I did.
Wednesday: 3.11 miles before work. Went to bed early, up before my alarm. Took my time getting ready. Foam rolled.Out the door before 6. Legs starting to feel a bit fresh. First mile was under 8 most of the way, reduced to a comfortable pace after the hills. Felt pretty good overall.
Thursday: 1 mile Rest day. One for the run streak. Run Streak day 1,027. There was a possibility that today would be my last streak day. Had a eye dr appointment on Tuesday. They said I may have a retina tear and had an appointment today to verify. No symptoms, but high anxiety. Obviously my eyes are more important than missing a couple weeks of running, but feeling relatively healthy, was definitely caught off guard. Did my scheduled mile, pushed a bit hard. Also did a few min of yard work after. Dr appointment, no tear, maybe eventually down the road due to my level of astigmatism, but good for now!
Friday: 1 mile before work. Thursday, forecast of a coating to an inch. They lied! Snowed all afternoon, changing to rain/wintry mix overnight. First Yaktrax run of the season! Mush most of the way, good to have these on just in case!
Saturday: 2 miles. Relaxed pace. Hydrated like heck, Epsom salt bath, and foam rolled.
Sunday: 26.2 miles?! The Philadelphia Marathon! Sorry, kept this one under wraps. Before NYC, I was already planning a spring marathon, but after NYC, I couldn't wait that long. I strayed from my plan in NYC and suffered from it, driving me nuts. I monitored my recovery, signed back up for Philly before the deadline. Still monitoring recovery going in, prepared for a "no go" if something came up. More details to follow in a race day recap!
Marathon Training Program: image from Coach Jenny Hadfield's training plans
marathon training program
Two weeks between NYC and Philly Marathons: Image from Hal Higdon:

Total weekly miles: 38 miles
Total cross training: 20 min (taking it "easy" this week)


Fall Schedule: 
With the TCS NYC Marathon/and Philly Marathon coming to it's conclusion, so does my race schedule. Depending on how recovery goes, may squeeze in a fun run in before winter. Will be sure to let you know! 

Spring Schedule 

03.31.19 - The Love Run! Love the Love Run Philadelphia half marathon! Check out my review from last yr, here. 

04.06.19 - Hot Chocolate 15k Philadelphia. Use code BRHCPhilly to receive a free smart phone arm band. Check out my preview, here. 

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...