Sunday, September 22, 2019

Weekly Running Report: September 22, 2019


Hi Everyone!


Hope you are all doing well!


Any recent races or ones coming up? Which ones? How's training going?


I'm two weeks removed from Via Marathon, one week removed from Rock N Roll Philly Half, decided to try take a recovery week before resuming marathon training for Philly. Didn't follow a training plan this week. We'll see how this week went..


My Week in Training:


Monday: 1 mile before work. Sunday... ran 13.1 miles. Hydrated plenty, but offset with a few drinks. Stayed up way past my bed time (midnight!) to watch football. Definitley tired this morning. Light workout done and one for the streak. 

Tuesday: 3.11 miles before work. Monday, in a tired fog most of the day at work, made a point to get a good night's rest. In bed early, and actually slept until my alarm. Groggy early. Coffee, light workout and stretch and out the door by 6:05. Comfortable pace most of the way. Faded a bit through the worst set of hills and pushed slightly to bring it back down a bit after.
Wednesday: 4 miles before work. Coffee, light workut and out the door by 6. Started at a comfortable pace, 8:30 ish and was not dropping. Usually lose 5-8 seconds at the worst hill. 8:40ish and quads were feeling it today. No pace recovery after. Maintain in the 8:40's-50. Legs were heavy today. Will be doing an ice bath later for sure.   
Thursday: 1 mile before work. Wed, had a work outing after work. A couple beverages, but home and in bed on time. Up a few minutes before my alarm, but could of used a few more. Coffee, light workout, stretch, and out the door by 6:15. Legs still heavy, but wanting to see if I can push it yet. Slight hip pain before starting. Worked on cadences at take off. Started in the 7:30's-7:40's, back to the 30's and then faded in the hill and incline back. Not much speed yet, but coming along.
Friday: 3.11 miles before work. Decent night's rest. Up a few minutes before my alarm but waited it out. House windows open, nice cool breeze. Opened the basement door to wake me up during my workout. Coffee, light workout, stretch my back and hips, and out the door by 6. Air felt great. Before I started, I was tempted to change my route to do more miles, but resisted. Comfortable to start, a bit slow, but gradually dropped. 8:30 after the worst set of hills, got it down a few and maintained through the next set of hills. Still a bit tight, but was great.
Saturday: 16 miles. Ok. My plan was to take it easy this week, do some sort of routine, but cut back in mileage and resume my training plan on Monday. At some point this week I noticed next week's long run was a cutback week and today would of been 16 miler. Internal debate yesterday into last night, but was feeling up to resuming the plan today.
Decent night's rest. Carb loaded, and relaxed. Up a couple times, but still decent rest. Coffee and light stretch, at my trail before 6:30. Just starting to see daylight at 6:30! My trail Pennypack Creek.. Park in the middle, Welsh and Terwood Rd. Did the more gradual incline side to Rockledge Park and back. 9:05 to 9 avg at 5 mi. Just before the mid way parking lot, bumped into a group of regulars. Turned around and did this side again! Relaxed pace a bit. One of the gentlemen (73 yrs old) hanging with us. We slowed down, he picked up. Haven't been to my trail since before my two races, was great catching up with them. 9:28 pace when we got back to the mid way parking lot. 10.5 ish. Hydrated and fueled. (I skipped my 5 mi fuel/hydrate, 'doh!) Broke off from the group with another Philly marathon runner that does a similar pace. Head off to the more wooded side towards Byberry Rd and back. Picked up the pace slightly, could feel it 14-16, but maintained without struggling. The weather was great, and great company today! Glad I made the decision to do all 16!
Non running post: Saturday afternoon, did a stroll around Morris Arboretum
Sunday: 1 mile. Rest day, one for the streak. Tried sleeping in, up by 6:30. Back a bit tight and stairs were rough. Coffee, light stretch, and out the door by 7:30. Legs definitely feeling yesterday, no speed work for this one miler, comfortable pace and feeling it. Chores to do today, hopefully I get enough rest after to be ready for Monday's 6 miler.
Weekly Summary: I usually include training plan schedule vs completed, no set plan this week. 
Miles: 29 miles
Strength Training: 98 minutes
What type of strength training do I do? Core: crunches, planks, leg raises. Weights: biceps, triceps, chest. 
Hydration goal (gallon) met: 7 days  

Race Schedule: 



11.24.19 - Philadelphia Marathon. My review from last yr, here!

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 

If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave Joe G 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...