Monday, August 3, 2020

Product Review: Science in Sport Hydro Tabs!


Disclaimer: I received an Science in Sport Hydro Tablets to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!
Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well!

I am excited to announce that I have received Science in Sport Hydro Tablets to test! 
Hydration is always important. It's easy to forget that during the winter, I am always sure to track my daily intake. But now that it's summer, we are experiencing heat waves and sevre humidity, logging more miles than ever before, it's even more important to stay on top of hydration!
Key feature that helps you meet your sodium requirement: 
"During moderate to intense exercise, we can produce up to 2 litres of sweat per hour depending on the environmental conditions. Sweat contains vital electrolytes, including sodium. Sodium is the most important electrolyte as it helps to stimulate thirst, improve taste and promote absorption and retention."

Flavors I will be trying: Cola (which contains caffeine!), Lemon, and Pineapple Mango! Additional flavors available, here.

Cola: A refreshing cola taste without the syrup or carbonation. I do recommend drinking this one cold! (I usually drink water or electrolyte drinks at room temperature)
Video of a tablet dissolving. The orig run time was just over two minutes. 
This is mighty fine on it's own, but as I was going to have an Iced Tea, I had the brilliant idea Arnold Palmering it up, nice touch!
Lemon on it's own is very refreshing. Light lemonade taste. Not an over powering/ or over puckering sour, and not overly sweet of sugar like another popular electrolyte brand. subtle diet drink aftertaste.  
Was sure to pack my SIS Hydro tablets for my hiking trip! 
Light Pineapple and Mango flavor. Again, not overly sweet or sugary. Refreshing. subtle diet drink aftertaste.   
Nutritional Info: (below example of Pineapple Mango)

Usage: 
With hydration being as important as it is right now, especially through these heat waves and humidity, I am staying on point! Prerun/midrun/post run. I hydrate first thing in the morning before stepping out the door for my 6am run. During my "long" runs, I am sure to hydrate at least once an hour, immediately post run, and then throughout the day to be ready to do all again tomorrow. I balance/alternate water and electrolytes when replenishing and these SYS HYDRO tablets have been doing the job for sure! And they aren't over sugary/sweet as some other electrolyte drinks. I preferred them served cold, for my long runs I was sure to have ice and/or a cooler. Definitely recommend!

Convenience: They are easy to travel with when on the go. Pack of  20 fits in a small pocket. Just toss one tablet in a drink bottle and go! 

Cost Savings vs another lead competitor: (video by Ken Stands on Things)
See what other #BIBRAVEPRO's are saying: 

Discount: 
Check them out and be sure to use code BIBRAVE20 for 20% off! (discount good on Hydro Tablets only)

Site and Socials:
Discount is good on the tablets only, link to tablets: https://www.scienceinsport.com/us/shop-sis/go-range/go-hydro-tablets
Twitter: @ScienceinSport

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...