Sunday, July 11, 2021

Weekly Running Report: July 11, 2021

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well! 

How's training going? Any races (IRL or virtual)?  How's the weather in your area?

Hopefully, you saw my recent announcement that I have been selected to be a Philadelphia Weekend Ambassador! If you missed my announcement, you can check it out here. Or here on Facebook! Oh, and by the way, I have a discount code to share. Hit me up! 

Reminder, if you're just skimming my blog, lol..  reminder that I also have gear and race discount tabs/pages on my blog site to check out as well. :) 

My Week in Training:

Monday: 10 miles. 30 min strength training (was going to be 0, but eventually got motivated before the end of the day, core only)
Sunday recovery: hydrated well, failed to foam roll/stretch. 
Monday..  The fourth day of a four day weekend. Not sure if you saw my previous week's post. But with the four day weekend, decided to do a medium long run Fri, followed by 3 more 10+ milers. Sunday ended up feeling great, even got a little speed work in on a 10 miler. Well, Monday was not the same. lol.. Sunday, did have a few beverages, slacked on stretching/foam rolling, haven't gotten any "extra" sleep that I usually try to get on a weekend, was slow to get moving Monday. Wasn't too motivated, legs feeling it, and the heat/humidity is back. Was definitely a through the motion type of day. Sorry, didn't bother with any trail pics either. :(
Tuesday: 7 miles. 40 min strength training (arms/shoulders/core)
Mon recovery: hydrated well, iced my shin, stretched/foam rolled. Not ready for the long weekend to end, but in bed at a decent time. 
Heat/humidity is back. Not looking forward to it, but up before my alarm. Coffee, workout, hydrate, stretch my right calf, and out the door by 6. Muggy out. Pace, trying not to think about it on HH days (HH=hot/humid). The four days at the trail was a nice break. But back to the neighborhood hills, blah! Tired/sore legs. Through the motions. Pace not as bad as it felt. lol.. 
Side notes:
1. I finally found some money (sort of)! I know so many people that find money on the run, some that find it often! Well, I saw a couple coins, didn't stop since I was so surprised, pass by 3 min later and couldn't retrace exactly where it was. 'Doh! (or should I say, No dough!, i know, corny, lol)
2. Someone spilled a large bag of cheddar popcorn! Felt bad.. for the littering and the loss of a snack!
Wednesday: 7 miles. 40 min strength training. (chest/core).
Tues recovery: hydrated well, iced my shin, stretched/foam rolled, and a decent night's rest. Although there was a wicked storm that had us up overnight. Up multiple times and again before my alarm, but waited it out a bit. Coffee, could see it was going to be a muggy day before even checking the app. 97% humidity, yuck! Workout and out the door by 6. Another muggy day through the motions. Countdown going on most of the way. Keep thinking about calling it short or skipping a hill, but getting it done. 
side notes: 
1. Crazy storms last night! Heavy trash cans flew into my car. Thankfully no issues. Debris throughout my run, but nothing too crazy. Except for a heavy duty for sale sign that wood broke in half!
2. At least three smokers. :( A cigar smoker at like 6:10 am! 
3.A business that has had a for sale sign for a bit was bought and roped off. Well, today in passing, it no longer exists! Rubbish! and can see some of the underworks! I'm sure this will peak my attention for a while since I pass this corner on most weekdays.. 
4. Lawn mower going at 6:45 am! I have no problem with this, but I'm sure someone does! lol...  
Thursday: 7 miles, 45 min strength training(arms/shoulders/core).
Wed recovery: hydrated well, iced my shin, stretched/foam rolled, and a decent night's rest.
Didn't really make too many notes of this run, besides it being another humid day.
Side notes:
1. the office building that was knocked down.. they went and knocked down the house next to it as well! I pass the .25 ish stretch twice (sidewalk feet away from the fence blocking it off). I know it will take a bit, and looking fwd to watching the progress of the cleanup and new construction. 

 Friday: 5 miles, 53 minutes strength training (chest/core). 
Thurs recovery: hydrated well, iced my shin, failed to foam roll/stretch (yard work after work, by the time I was done cleaning up, dinner/dishes, etc, plopped down for an hr before bed. Hydrated during/after yard work, but probably should of stretched and rolled as well. Decent night's rest, and up before my alarm with plenty of time to get a good work out in. Coffee, workout (42 min now, did a few extra sets later), hydrated and out the door by 6. Saw the weather forecast last night. Rain overnight through morning. It was light to start, slightly heavier to finish. Slightly cooler, but not really, and 96% humidity to add on. Pace: plan was to take it easy to head into the weekend. That was the plan.. But a decent start, and held on for a bit, and then a bit of a struggle to maintain. Countdowns going on in my head (as almost always lately). Trying to stay on target for 5 mi under 40 min. Bit of a struggle the last 10 minutes, but done. Briefly thought about skipping my hills for an easier day, but only skipped one that could of probably been worked in without going over.
Saturday: 16 miles. 
Fri recovery: hydrated very well, iced my shin, foam rolled/stretched, and a decent night's rest. There was a point in Friday night I had some soubts about today. Maybe a little tired and achy going up stairs. If I can't handle a few stairs, how am I going to do a long run? Ignore those voices! (unless it's a real injury, listen to your body). Decent rest, but up multiple times and up before my alarm. Coffee, "routine", hydrate, etc, and over to my trail by 6:30. My trail . Park in the middle, Welsh and Terwood Rd. Doing the more wooded side to County Line Rd first. Settled in. Humid to start, of course. Whatever, at least the temp wasn't bad, yet.. Hydrating on the return from County Line, and again as passing my car at 7 mi. Pacing 8:25. Didn't really expect to hold that for 16, especially during the summer, but rolling along. Off to the more open side to Rockledge Park. Rockledge Park end, leaving the trail for my strava legend hill (pace faded through the hill as expected and didn't care, was going faster than I should of anyway) and a small loop around Rockledge. Return to the trail. On the way back, still need approx 1.5 extra, did the side trail from Lorimer Park to Pennypack Park. Only did about 9 min out then back. Lorimer to the parking lot. Started to feel a little tired around 4 to go, and definitely the last 2, but done! Math was slightly off too. Pulled over around 16.2, still another .25 to go to the parking lot. Walked a bit, jogged when I decided that was too long of a walk. lol..
Miscellanious Cardio: did almost 3 hours of yard work after my run! Was only going to do a bit, but had a second wind. Exchausted towards the end. Also dread that I have mutliple hedges that require a ladder to trim. Thinking about really reducing one with a chainsaw. Maybe next yr...
Side notes:
1. Again, feel like an old man yelling get off my lawn, but at least one set of dogs not leashed, and one group playing their music for the world to hear. ugh!
Sunday: 3.11 miles. 
Saturday recovery: hydrated very well. So many fluids! At least 10 water or electrolyte 16 oz drinks! Failed to foam roll or stretch. Took a break after all that yard work and didn't have the motivation. Had a few beverages, but hydrated more along. Decent night's rest, almost 8 hours! Wanted more, but was up. Coffee, slow to get motivated. Even though I know it's just going to get warmer as I procrastinate. Out the door by 8:30. Should be a rest day, doing 5k for the streak. Planned on pushing it a little, pushed a little harder than planned. Rough towards the end, but done. No real side notes today, besides my neighborhood is really quiet on Sunday morning! Maybe saw 1-2 dog walkers, if that! Will be taking it easy rest of the day. Focus on recovery and try to behave to be ready to take on the week tomorrow. 
What did I do besides run, workout, work, and chores this week? One outing to dinner/drinks.
Watched: Loki (can't believe there is only one episode left! baseball, not much else. Probably 'The Office' and 'South Park' reruns, and a few minutes of whatever Marvel movies are on.. 
Q: How about you? Anything exciting outside of running? Any adventures? Binge watching anything?

Weekly Summary:
Miles: 55.8 weekly miles running 
Year to Date: 1334.2 miles running 
Hill Goal (for the yr):   75472/100k elevation gain. Initial goal 100k to beat last yr's 98k. 
Strength Training: Goal 180 minutes, 227 minutes completed. What type of strength training do I do? Core: crunches, planks, leg raises. Weights: biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest. 
Hydration Goal:  7 days 
Foam Roll/Stretch: 5 days 
Training Plan:  Loosely following the below plan structure. (possible adding extra mi until week 9)
Image from Coach Jenny Hadfield
Race Schedule: 

10.17.2021 - NJ Marathon - deferral from spring 2020. (week 6 of 20 training, done)

11.21.2021 - Philadelphia Marathon - deferral from 2020 (registered the day after 2019's race!). Definitely a fav! If you haven't registered yet, I have a discount code. Hit me up on a social DM! 

Be sure to check out my Race and Gear discount pages from my blog site. #BibRavePro ;)
Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! If you do any races(virtual or IRL), please remember to review them on BibRave.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...