Sunday, March 6, 2022

Weekly Running Report: March 6, 2022

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well! 

How's winter training going? Any races? Any crazy weather?! We had a few reminders it's still winter with a couple teases of spring! 

Reminder that if you are just skimming, that I have race and gear discount tabs on my blog site.#BibRavePro

Week 10 of Marathon Training for Jim Thorpe Marathon. 

My Week in Training:  

Monday: 7 miles, strength training: arms/shoulders/core
Sunday, end of weekend blues, including going out to eat/drinks. Planned on getting a good night's rest tho. Well.. heartburn. Spicy wings get me again. But I love them! :(  Up in the middle of the night. medicine. May have gotten a few minutes of rest after. but not much. Odd, but I have a sleep score of 92. Expected that to be much worse. Wasn't in the mood when that alarm went off. but.. up, coffee, work out, and ready to go. Monday after an 18 miler, plan is pretty much to just go through the motions.  Besides hills on a Monday, was refreshing to be out there. No regrets. 
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Tuesday:  7 miles, strength training: chest/core
Planned on getting a much better night's rest.. but made the mistake of looking at my work email before bed. Knew there was an issue waiting for me in the morning. Got some quality sleep to start (usually fall asleep with no issues). But once I was up to use the restroom, mind was racing when I returned to bed. Not sure if I got much sleep after that, sleep score much worse at 70. Coffee, work out, and out the door. Legs starting to get a bit fresher since the weekend. Off to a nice start! Usually hold speed day till Wed or Thu, but looks like I'm going to try for today! Continued focus on form, breathing, and catching myself from relaxing as the hills wear me out in the second half. Faded from the 7:30's and fought to maintain 7:45 ish. Tough through the last few hills, but fun and done! 
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Wednesday:  5 miles, strength training: arms/shoulders/core
Crazy day at work yesterday and then had a work issue after work and had to log back in for a bit and ended up starting on some of today's work last night. Started to feel like a long week and only Tuesday.. Ended up getting decent rest. Up once, but able to get a little more rest after. Coffee, work out. Planned on doing 4 easy. But felt pretty good before heading out and decided to do 5. Off to a comfortable start. Slightly faster than planned, but wasn't pushing it. Did feel it in the last two hills, but not bad. Wasn't excited to go back to work, but enjoyed my morning run beforehand! Oh and weather is warming up a bit! Still long sleeve weather in the morning, but was warm! Ready for temps to go just a few degrees up for brisk short sleeves! :)
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Thursday: 7 miles, strength training: chest/core
Decent night's rest. Up and ready to go! Coffee, work out, and out the door! Weather App showed 44 with light rain throughout the hour. Prepared for it. Tue/Wed were decent speed days, so not really worried about getting another one in. Off to a better start than planned, but not going to force the issue. Rolled along. The weather app was a lie! It rained earlier, but no rain on my run! The temp was near perfect, except for some crazy wind, mostly in the second half. Laughed it off end enjoyed the brisk air against my face. Pace faded slightly and I didn't care. Enjoyed being out there. 
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Friday: 5 miles, strength training: arms/shoulders/chest/core
Decent night's rest. Up once or twice but able to get some sleep. The one time I thought it was much later, was only 11:30! lol.. Slept until the alarm. Coffee, work out, and out the door. Weather back to winter temps! 20 degrees! No issue, was prepared. Plan was basically take it easy to coast into the weekend. Rolling along around 8 min, comfortable but knew I should be taking it more easy. Faded naturally as I went into the mid to late hills. Comfortable throughout. Ready to get through the day and hit the weekend! Long week. I hope the weekend doesn't fly by too fast!
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Saturday: 12 miles, strength training: core
Friday, carb loaded, relaxed, decent rest. Up before my alarm but waited it out. Coffee, got a little core workout in. If it was a longer long run day I may not have, but was a few min short of 6 hours and wanted to exceed that (ocd). Got some in. A little brisk this morning. Temps going up slightly later, but didn't want to wait it out. Over to my trail by 6:30. 12 mi day, didn't want to take it too easy for long run day, didn't want to over do it either. Planned on setting in 8-8:15. Nice fresh air and rolling along. Settled in right at 8. Nice and quiet at the trail, barely saw anyone the first hour. Slight incline around 2.5 and again on the return around 6-7. Maintained pace till the slight incline on the way back. faded to about 8:05. Refocused and regrouped. Planned on trying to neg split on the later decline. Pushing it a bit from 9.5 remainder of the way. Split just a little, but done. Went pretty well today. Saw a few friends and regulars. Didn't get a chance to chat. We are all working on different goals at the moment. As I was driving away saw one of my buddies finishing from a distance. Sad I didn't hang out just a couple min longer. 
So.. things went well. Except for a technical difficulty. I use two devices, phone and watch. At one point realized I haven't received an alert in a bit from the watch... clock still going, but distance not updating. Pause, resume, and all of a sudden the distance updated correctly. Pace looked right. Saving.. the moving time and elapsed time don't match. Moving time is like 9 min faster. Not right. Shows me having a couple 4 min mi. and an 18 min 5k. lol.. Hopefully support gets it right. Not concerned. But will delete and re-enter if support cant fix it. Don't want it showing a record/badge for a 5k I will never beat. However, the elapsed is correct and this was my best 12 miler by 30 seconds. :)
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Full pic on Facebook
Sunday: 4 miles, strength training: arms/shoulders/chest/core
Saturday, and outing to dinner/drinks/ followed by a brewery stop (Ten7 Brewing) . lol.. Was sure to get my stretch/roll in before any shenanigan's. and hydrated a little along the way. Got an excellent night's sleep. "Slept in" till almost 7. Coffee, workout for a little over an hr, and out the door. Temps in the low 50's, short sleeve weather! Light rain, but non-issue. Out for a comfy run. Felt good besides the usual hills. Was briefly temped to go to the trail since I had energy and sched wide open for the day, but knew I would do even more miles than I should for what should be a rest day. May have some light chores, but will be taking it super easy remainder of the day. Hope to be ready to the new week.  
What did I do besides run, workout, work, and chores? One outing to dinner/drinks. 
Movies/TV:  The Walking Dead, some basketball, not much else and of course the usual reruns of The Office, Family Guy, South Park, etc. 

Not so exciting outside of work and running sometimes. Any questions to get to know me better? Ask me anything!

Q: How about you? Anything exciting outside of running? Any adventures? Binge watching anything?

Weekly Summary:
Miles:  47.1 weekly  miles running 
Year to Date: 486.2 miles running 
Hill Goal (for the yr):  120 k: currently at: 27995
Strength Training: Goal 3 hours minimum, 6:18:30
What type of strength training do I do? Core: crunches, planks, leg raises, mountain climbers. Weights: biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest. 
Foam Roll/Stretch:  7 days
Weight (putting this out there. I know I don't have to earn my food/drink, but putting this out there, maybe I'll be more mindful): on 01/01/21: 156. Current 31 day avg: 153.2

Training Plan:  Week 10 of 20 using the below plan:  
Image from Coach Jenny Hadfield
Race Schedule: 

3.27.22 - Philly Love Run Half Marathon (deferral from '20!) But this has always been my fav spring half! (official PR's there each time!, hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying that!)

05.01.22 - Broad Street Run! - my registration from 2020 granted me a guaranteed entry to this year's race! (skipped '21) 

05.15.22 - Jim Thorpe marathon, but that's not until May! Have various travels going on this yr, was looking for an easy drive, affordable race and hotel. A flat scenic course that includes a train ride to the start! 

Fall: 
10.02.2022 - Chicago Marathon (deferral from '20!, can't wait!)

11.18-20.2022 - Philly Marathon Weekend

Be sure to check out my Race and Gear discount pages from my blog site. #BibRavePro ;)

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! If you do any races(virtual or IRL), please remember to review them on BibRave.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...