Sunday, February 27, 2022

Weekly Running Report: February 27, 2022

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well! 

How's winter training going? Any races? Any crazy weather?! We had some cool, some warm, and a little wintry mix mixed in!

Reminder that if you are just skimming, that I have race and gear discount tabs on my blog site.#BibRavePro

Week 9 of Marathon Training for Jim Thorpe Marathon. 

My Week in Training:  

Monday: 10 miles, strength training: arms/shoulders/chest/core
Monday, day off from work for the bank holiday. May of had a couple drinks the day before, but got an excellent night's rest. Didn't really sleep in. Coffee, work out. Got a full hour workout in all at once (usually morning/afternoon sessions). No real plans today besides going for a run at the trail. So, getting that work out in as the sun and temps slowly go up. lol.. Over to the trail by 8 ish. Sched for 7, but like getting a few extra in on a day off. A little sore from Sat 18 miler, just going to go with a comfy pace and enjoy the trail. Decent amount of cars at the trail, but not as packed as I expected. Pretty nice and quiet. Temp was nice in the sun, but brisk in the shade, especially if there was a breeze. lol.. My trail . Was doing 5 out and back. The trail does go another mi from where I turned at, was a little temped to do 6 (for 12), but resisted. lol.. Was comfy, but somewhere around 7 in decided to try to push a little bit on the return. Last 2 mi sub 8, bringing 8:20 avg down to 8:10 ish. 
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Side note: I was at the trail on Saturday, that trampoline was not there. Wind and snow squall later that day had it hop the owners fence and bring it towards the trail! 
Full pics on Facebook
Tuesday: 7 miles, strength training: arms/shoulders/core
Monday, with the day off from work, had the end of weekend blues last night. Did go out for dinner, had a couple drinks, but was sure to prioritize rest. In bed early.. but was up in the middle of the night with heart burn. :( Why does my favorite restaurant give me heart burn? :(  Although, my sleep score wasn't that bad.  Up and rolling along. Coffee, work out. Temps going up today/tomorrow, but still long sleeve weather at the moment. Today was a through the motion kind of day. Sore from the weekend, yesterday, etc. and getting back to my hills. A no pressure kind of day. Rolling along and enjoying the breeze. 
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Wednesday: 5 miles, strength training: chest/core
Got an excellent night's rest... to the point I didn't hear fire trucks two doors down! small fire, no one hurt. But tons of activity just after I went to bed (according to my neighbor) I didn't hear a thing! Up a few min before my alarm. Up and ready to go. Coffee, work out, and feeling pretty good. Weather was nice! Almost 60 degrees! Wasn't entirely planning on doing speed work today, but felt decent, might as well! Off to an excellent start. Focus on breathing, form, strike, etc. First couple sub 7:30. But I knew my hills would be a challenge. Could still feel my quads slightly. I have one hill early, rest are at at approx end of 3, 3.5, and 4.2. Fighting to stay 7:30 after the 2nd, but knew 7:40's was more realistic. 3rd hill, 7:30's and fading. fighting on the way up of the last hill and trying to rebound as it levels out. lol.. rough, but fun and done. 
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Thursday: 6 miles, arms/shoulders/core
Decent rest. Coffee, work out, etc. Today was a reminder that after a couple spring like days, that it's still winter! lol.. Temps back in the 20's. A little more brisk than yesterday, but not an issue. Prepared. Been on top of that weather app day and night. Checking as I get my gear ready at night and double checking before I head out the door in the morning. 6 mi today.  Glad I got a speed day in yesterday, pretty much going with the flow rest of the week to prepare for the long run. At times it felt like a jog, but the hills always add on to that.
Friday: 4 miles, strength training: chest/core
Another good night's rest. Although was tempted to stay up a little bit for pre weekend excitement, but did not. Sleep has been on point for the most part for this week. Coffee, work out. Up on time, etc, but running a few min behind. That one "routine" set back the sched a few minutes. Good thing today is "only" 4 mi day. lol.. Mentioned back to winter, well, overnight we had a wintry mix warning and still in effect. Freezing rain. As I'm heading out I can see ice on all of the plant life, bushes, trees, cars, grass. But once I got to the road, no issues at all! Cautiously optimistic.  My second street goes down a poorly lit dead end hill, thought about skipping it, but running a few min behind and daylight creeping up, could see well enough. No issues on the hill or the turnaround at the bottom. Pace was another go with the flow day. Comfortable, steady, light fade through the last hill with no concern to push to bring it back. Freezing rain wasn't bad at the time. Misty, had to remove my glasses, but no other issues. Did hit one patch, but wasn't sure if it was ice or trash/debris and didn't go back to look. Would usually wear old shoes, but one of my current trainers is on the retirement line. :(  Wore them as they are sadly on their way out. Have new replacements ready. Sad and excited. lol.. Anyone else get this way? 
Below is the same tree, a little later with more ice: 
Saturday: 18 miles. (scheduled for 16).
Fri, carb loaded, relaxed, decent night's rest, etc. Slept until that alarm! Usually up a few before it. But no rush. Up, coffee, "routine", and over to my trail by 6:30. Just a little brisk out (high 20's). Not bad, but that tease of spring has me ready for closer to 40. lol.. 
Pacing, plan was to settle around 8:30 and go with whatever's comfy. Maintained 8:20's till around 15.Hydrated every 30 minutes, swapped bottles as passing my car at 12 mi. Fueled before hand, 1:15 ish and once more an hr later. My run felt good for the most part. TBH, was slightly boring. Was nice to be at the trail. Saw a few trail regulars, didn't really see my friends till 12 mi, and that was very brief. Started to feel it around 14. End of trail is around 14.7. I have to add at least .3 somewhere or I would fall short of 18 on the return. I have a hill in a nearby neighborhood at that turnaround. It's pretty steep. briefly thought about skipping it an adding a circle to end, but went and did the hill. Pace went from 8:26 to 8:30 ish there. Maintained on the return. ended with 18.5 because when I do that hill my ocd makes me go to the end of that street before turning around. lol.. Happy with how today went. Just wasn't exciting. I guess they can't all be. I have plans later. Made sure to get my stretch and roll in before shenanigans! 
Sunday: 4 mi, 1 hour strength training. arms/shoulders/chest/core.
Had some beverages yesterday. But got an excellent night's rest. No alarm and "slept in" till about 7. Coffee and got a good work out in. Legs and abs a little sore, but not horrbile. Temp still slightly brosk, but full sun was nice. Out the door for a 30ish min relaxed run. Lower abs hurt a little to start, but not bad. Run was pretty comfortable for today. And the sun and fresh air was nice. 
Plan on taking it easy today. Try to be somewhat ready for Monday. Blah! lol.. 
What did I do besides run, workout, work, and chores? One outing for an "unofficial" work event. Haven't seen most of these people since March '20! Had some brief anxiety, but ended up being nice to catch up with everyone. 
Movies/TV:  The Walking Dead, some basketball, not much else and of course the usual reruns of The Office, Family Guy, etc. 

Not so exciting outside of work and running sometimes. Any questions to get to know me better? Ask me anything!

Q: How about you? Anything exciting outside of running? Any adventures? Binge watching anything?

Weekly Summary:
Miles:  54.7 weekly  miles running 
Year to Date: 439.1 miles running 
Hill Goal (for the yr):  120 k: currently at: 
Strength Training: Goal 3 hours minimum, 6:20:39 completed. (my highest week since tracking!)
What type of strength training do I do? Core: crunches, planks, leg raises, mountain climbers. Weights: biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest. 
Foam Roll/Stretch:  7 days
Weight (putting this out there. I know I don't have to earn my food/drink, but putting this out there, maybe I'll be more mindful): on 01/01/21: 156. Current 31 day avg: 153.4

Training Plan:  Week 9 of 20 using the below plan:  (loosely following long run day till it gets a bit longer)
Image from Coach Jenny Hadfield
Race Schedule: 

3.27.22 - Philly Love Run Half Marathon (deferral from '20!) But this has always been my fav spring half! (official PR's there each time!, hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying that!)

05.01.22 - Broad Street Run! - my registration from 2020 granted me a guaranteed entry to this year's race! (skipped '21) 

05.15.22 - Jim Thorpe marathon, but that's not until May! Have various travels going on this yr, was looking for an easy drive, affordable race and hotel. A flat scenic course that includes a train ride to the start! 

Fall: 
10.02.2022 - Chicago Marathon (deferral from '20!, can't wait!)

11.18-20.2022 - Philly Marathon Weekend

Be sure to check out my Race and Gear discount pages from my blog site. #BibRavePro ;)

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! If you do any races(virtual or IRL), please remember to review them on BibRave.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...