Saturday, August 4, 2018

OOmg OOFOS Feel the OO!

Disclaimer: I received an OOFOS OOMG Fibre low's to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

Hi Everyone!


I'm excited to have the opportunity to test OOFOS new OOmg Fibre Low recovery shoes! It's OOFOS' first men's shoe! One of my fitness goals for the year, is to respect recovery a bit more. Between always training for a half marathon, streaking, yard work etc, and now training for a full marathon this fall, need to be mindful of taper and rest. Well.. When I'm not doing training or physical labor, I'm going to be wearing these, for sure!

I have heard plenty about the OOFOS recovery sandals, but haven't given them a whirl yet. This is my first time trying a "recovery" shoe of any type.

Outside of the shoe: is breathable fiber, heal support, toe protection, and a strap that goes across.

Inside of the shoe: this is where the magic happens, Feel the OO! “OOfoam impact absorbing recovery technology has been scientifically proven to reduce stress on your body while walking”

My first time wearing them. 08/03/18 (above pic).

The first few seconds you have them on, hmm, the arch is a bit high. hmm.  The first few steps in them though, oh my, I literally said "ooooohh". You feel the cushion immediately. It is like walking on pillows or clouds.  My first time wearing them, I wore them to the office. I don't get up from my desk often, but when I did, it was a nice break from dress shoes!  

Week of 08/06-08/10/18
Wore my OOFOS OOmg Fibre Low's three day's. Monday, I didn't run until after work, it was nice to give my feet some recovery time before getting out there. 
Tuesday and Friday, ran before work. Was nice to give my feet some recovery time after! 
(Wed, my work from home day, I don't wear any shoes. no pic. lol)
Each day, the first steps after putting them on, I'm literally am saying "oh my, this is nice, oofos!" A combination of the cushion and arch support. Definitely provides relief.


Week 08/13-08/17/18
I wore my OOFOS to work four days this week. I got all of my runs done in the early morning before work. It was nice to give my feet a break the rest of the day, and I was feeling refreshed and ready to go the following day!
Overall: my goal for the year, and especially for fall marathon training is to take recovery more seriously. I'm stretching/foam rolling more, hydrating often, and taking it easy on my feet whenever possible. I have enjoyed my OOFOS OOmg Fibre Low shoes thoroughly. Occasionally after a morning run, I may get up from my desk and be a bit tight, I have noticed there has been a lot less of that for sure. I still stretch morning and night, but have seen some less tightness before I go out for my morning run. I would definitely recommend these. I'll be wearing them whenever I can!

Project Pink: another great reason to buy these, a portion of ALL OOFOS sales goes towards Breast Cancer Research through Project Pink. 

See what my fellow BibRavePro's are saying: 



Let me know if you have any questions!

Site and Social:

Site: https://www.oofos.com/products/mens-oomg-low-shoe-black-gray-fibre
Twitter: https://twitter.com/oofos
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/oofos/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oofosfootwear/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...