Monday, October 23, 2017

Week ending 10/22


Hi Fellow runners!

How's everyone's training going?

My week in review: 


Monday: 5 miles at my trail. Had the day off work, but had plans. Set my alarm, per usual, got up before my alarm. Got to the trail, first car there! Things were still tight from Saturday's long run, and tired from Sunday, but glad I got it in. The air is starting to feel a bit brisk in the morning, was very nice. I did end up seeing people along the way, they must of parked on  either end of the trail.





Later Monday, my Wife and I took a small road trip to Hawk Mountain located in Kempton, PA. Some light hiking and beautiful views. We did the entire trail, was about 6k steps. At least two of the lookout points do require some "rock scrambling", but well worth it! The views were wonderful, we did see a couple hawks from afar, you should pack binoculars if you really want to check them out. 




For more info on Hawk Mountain, their site can be located here.
On the way home from Hawk mountain, we stopped in Allentown for lunch. Stopped at Fegley's Allentown Brew Works. Excellent burger, fantastic beer. Pictured below is their Devious Imperial Pumkpin, one of my fav pumpkin beers!



Tuesday: 5k after work. Temps starting to cool. Didn't need long sleeves for running, but the cool down was pretty darn cold!


Wednesday: 5k. My work from home day, lunch run, done! Always a good mind reset to unplug and get out there for a few. Feel refreshed when returning back to work! Was happy with this 5k, need to practice pace and breathing for an upcoming race this weekend. I hear Bethlehem has some hills, may not see all of them for the 5k, but should be interesting!


Thursday: Starting to taper a bit more for Saturday's race. Still feeling last Saturday and this week's runs, decided to do just one and done.

Friday: was rough. This was my on-call week, went smoothly until Thursday night. Was called at 2:45am Friday morning, :(  Had to work on an issue that lasted through time to head into the office. Was a long, coffee filled day. Glad Friday was a taper day for Saturday's 5k. One and done.
Saturday: Runners world half and festival, 5k! Had a blast at this race, for more info, check out my review here!



Sunday: long run day!  10 miles at the trail. For more of a recap, checkout my marathon training update here!





October goals: 
  • Taper for Army Ten Miler, run the Army Ten Miler. Race review here! 
  • Resume long run training for the Philadelphia Marathon! Marathon training update here!
  • Taper for the Runner's World 5k, get the long run in the following day. Done. 
Future races registered for:
  • 10/21/17 - Runners World 5k, (Bethlehem, Pa): A festival of running?! Don't think I'd be up for the half being so close to the Army Ten Miler, but really wanted to check out the festival. Got some buddies doing the 5k, can't wait!
  • 11/19/17 - Philadelphia Marathon, my first full! Track my training updates here.
  • 03/25/18 - Philadelphia Love Run half marathon. Love the love run! Check out my 2017 review here: Race review: #LoveRunPhilly
What is everyone currently training for? Signed up for a race? New to running, or maintaining until a race peaks interest? Whatever it is, good luck to everyone with their training, keep kicking butt!!

If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...