Sunday, May 13, 2018

Weekly Running Update: May 13, 2018

Hi Everyone!

How's everyone's training going? Any races? I had the Broad Street Run last week (check out my review, here!). A bit of a recovery week for me this week.

My Week in training:

Monday: 3.1 miles. Day after a race, this should of been a rest day. Day off from work, was definitely a bit sore. But it was so nice out, I couldn't resist going to the trail. Took my time, stretched, and head over on over to Pennypack Creek. Before starting, I told myself I would only do 3.1.  The midpoint parking lot to end and back to the midpoint is 5.25.  I will usually do at least that when I'm at the trail (5 + cool down).  The first mile went much better than expected. But started to feel it before I hit 1.55.  Turned around as planned. Could also definitely feel the need to hydrate some more. Glad I went to the trail, as I was finishing up I saw a few deer!
running 05.07.18 trail run pic with deer
Tuesday: 3.1 miles after work. Stretched before work. A bit tired, almost fell asleep as I was getting my hair cut after work! Stretched/foam rolled before bed as well.
running selfie 05.08.18
Wednesday: 4 miles. Work from home day, yay! Stretched/foam rolled before work. Got my run in on my lunch break.
running selfie 05.09.18
Thursday: 5 miles after work. Thu is usually 5k day for me, but was itching to go to the trail. Today was also a snack day at work, definitely over indulged. Figured I would do 5 today. Opposite trail as Monday. Midpoint to end, back to midpoint. Just over 5, cool down after. 
running selfie 05.10.18
running 05.10.18 trail pic
Friday: 3.11 miles after work. Foam rolled before work. Hydrated somewhat throughout the day. Did my 5k, and then made the decision to do yard work. Darn grass is growing too fast! Hoping it wouldn't affect my long run day tomorrow too much. Hydrated some more!
running selfie 05.11.18
Saturday: 8 miles. Long run day, yay! Now that my spring races are over, don't really have a schedule for "Long" run day at the moment, but don't want to stray too far from the half plan. Up a few minutes early. Loud thunder at 5:15! Up, tossed and turn for a min, nah, I'm up! Foam rolled, worked for a few minutes, light breakfast, out the door by 7:15. To the trail! Opposite trail as Thursday. Knew I'd have to make up about 2.5 if I didn't want to head on over to the other trail for a bit. Mid point to end is about 2.75. Gradual incline, I could feel it. Well, at the end I went to the nearby neighborhood, steep hills! Did about 1.5 over there. Did I mention hills? Questioned my decision, but hills are good for ya, right?! Back to the trail to the midpoint, still had to to about .75, turned around for a few and back. Thunderstorms early, but cleared up just before I started. Didn't wear my glasses, 100% humidity, they would have fogged up anyway!
running selfie 05.12.18 collage with trail pic
Sunday: 1 mile. Rest day, one for the streak. Streak day 841. Took my time getting ready. Light chores before I head out. Smooth mile around the neighborhood for the streak day. 
Race Schedule: No more Spring/Summer races at the moment. Let me know if you have any suggestions! (Preferably within 2 hrs of Philly.) 

Fall Schedule: 
10.07.18 - Army Ten Miler? A revenge race for me. Will let you know when I'm officially registered. My 2017 review, here!

10.20.18 - Runner's World Half Festival. (5k & 10k). My 2017 5k review, here!

11.04.18 - TCS New York City Marathon! - Still can't believe I won the lottery on my 1st try!

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! 
If you do any races, please remember to review them on ! Your opinions help other runners decide what races to run!  Follow me on BibRave: Joe G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...