Sunday, January 30, 2022

Weekly Running Report: January 30, 2022

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well! 

How's winter training going? Any races? Any crazy weather?! 

Reminder that if you are just skimming, that I have race and gear discount tabs on my blog site.#BibRavePro

Week 5 of Marathon Training for Jim Thorpe Marathon. 

My Week in Training:  

Monday: 7 miles, Strength Training: chest/core.
Usual end of weekend sadness yesterday, with the additional stress experienced recently, wasn't ready for bed, could of used a little more rest. But up before my alarm and ready to go. Coffee, workout, stretch my shin, and out the door by 6. A little sore from Saturday's 18 miler. Wasn't expecting much more out of today than through the motions. Slightly better than expected for how I felt. emotionally and physically. 
Foam roll/stretch: complete

Today was also my 6 year run streak anniversary date! Although not up for celebrating at the moment. Briefly discussed towards bottom of post. 
Tuesday: 7 miles, Strength Training: arms/shoulders/core
Much more well rested than yesterday, but could of used slightly more sleep. Up and ready to go. Coffee, workout, stretch my shin, and out the door by 6. Feeling a little better than yesterday before takeoff and from the start. Per usual, tough to maintain through hills (midway hills start of 3 mi, 3.5, 4.2, and 6), tough, but always glad/self satisfaction (afterward).
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Wednesday: 5 miles, Strength Training: chest/core.
Decent rest, but up multiple times again. Up, coffee, stretch my shin, and out the door by 6. Today's plan was to take it easy. Well.. rotating shoes near retirement and wearing racing shoes. Wasn't planning on pushing it, but it felt too good not to. Maybe these shoes still have some mi in them? lol.. Another sub 8 day, and I'm pretty sure if I avoided all hills I would have been even faster. lol.. Maybe I'll take it easy tomorrow. 
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Thursday: 7 miles, Strength Training: arms/shoulders/core
Another night of being up multiple times. But up, coffee, stretch my shin, and out the door by 6. Always checking the forecast before stepping out. Temps dropped! around 11 degrees. Have the layers ready just in case and was prepared! Another day of planning to take it easy, but felt pretty good. Despite for the layers/temps. Fingers cold at first, but temp was a non issue. Did form some ice on my beard and some ice sweat drops on my shirt! 
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Friday: 5 mi, Strength Training: arms/shoulders/core. 
Decent rest, up before my alarm, yada yada, workout and out the door by 6. I know I talked about taking it easy at some point, today's not that day! Between trying to enjoy these race shoes I'm trying retire and a crazy weather forecast coming up, going to try to push it today. Off to a decent start. Working on breathing, etc tough to maintain after the hill at mi 3, but hung in there. Tough to end, but fun! 
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Saturday: 13 miles, Strength Training: core. 
Forecast for 5-11 inches of snow, 7pm Fri to 4 pm Sat, with wind gusts up to 40 mph. Well, Fri night, it started as predicted. Up once overnight and snow was still ongoing. Mentally prepared the best I could. Briefly thought about moving it to Sunday, but that throws off Monday, etc. Just going to give it a whirl. Changed my alarm, but up at my normal time. Coffee, workout. Heard the plows go by, yay! (Thank goodness, glad I got out when I did, they didn't return till late afternoon). Plan was to take it easy, go through the motions and be safe. Layers were on point except I couldn't find my face mask, later remembered I could of used a buff. Oh well. Yak trax day for sure. No issues there. My condensed neighborhood route is closer to 5.5 mi due to the canceling the busy road outer loop due to not having it's sidewalks shoveled and definitely cannot run on that street. Repeating some streets 3-4 times. Doubling my least fav hills. Blah. Heavy legs for sure. Footing, only issues were at the end of each rd where the busy rd plowed towards my side street ends. Deep turn arounds. Later issue of barely able to see, but was OK. Wasn't fun the last 30 min or so, but glad I got my scheduled miles in. Couple rounds of shoveling done as well. 
Foam roll/stretch: failed! usually get my foam roll stretch in early evening. Relaxed after dinner/drinks and failed due to being too relaxed and wasn't motivated to get back up. Get that stretch in before diving into that recliner! lol.. 
Sunday: 4 mi, Strength Training: arms/shoulders/core. 
Was up late Saturday, tried sleeping in a bit today. Up shortly after 7. Coffee, workout, and eventually out the door. Definitely wasn't in a rush. Didn't have my gear set aside like I normally do. Another cold day. Figured the snow may be a little more clear and was going wear trail shoes. Nope. Still plenty of snow. Yak trax it is. Another day through the motions. Comfy pace, but requiring a little extra effort. Felt it through the hills, etc. Set my app for a 30 min run, but my OCD made me go to 4. Lol.. 
Plan to take it easy rest of the day. We shall see.
What did I do besides run, workout, work, and chores? 
Movies/TV: Watched NFL Playoffs, The Ozarks, and the usual reruns of The Office, Family Guy, etc. 

Other drama in my life: I know someone currently on a ventilator (one week as of 01/29). They were completely healthy. Unfortunately not vaccinated. Their family is distraught. Didn't look good day 1-2, but some signs in the right direction since. Not providing additional details at the moment to respect their privacy. Just trying to provide the best support I can and pray. Please send prayers. And get vaccinated if you aren't. If not for you, for your loved ones. 

Q: How about you? Anything exciting outside of running? Any adventures? Binge watching anything?

Weekly Summary:
Miles: 48.4  weekly  miles running 
Year to Date: 225 miles running 
Hill Goal (for the yr):  120 k: currently at: 13159
Strength Training: Goal 3 hours minimum,  4:53:57 completed. 
What type of strength training do I do? Core: crunches, planks, leg raises, mountain climbers. Weights: biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest. 
Foam Roll/Stretch:  6 days
Weight (putting this out there. I know I don't have to earn my food/drink, but putting this out there, maybe I'll have a few less wings/beer, less over carb loading): on 01/01/21: 156. This week fluctuation: 152-155

Training Plan:  Week 5 of 20 using the below plan:  (loosely following long run day till it gets a bit longer)
Image from Coach Jenny Hadfield
Race Schedule: 

3.27.22 - Philly Love Run Half Marathon (deferral from '20!) But this has always been my fav spring half! (official PR's there each time!, hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying that!)

05.01.22 - Broad Street Run? - usually the first Sunday in May. Hope it's back on this year! (at it's normal time, was moved to Oct in 21) Waiting for registration lottery. 

05.15.22 - Jim Thorpe marathon, but that's not until May! Have various travels going on this yr, was looking for an easy drive, affordable race and hotel. A flat scenic course that includes a train ride to the start! 

Fall: 
10.02.2022 - Chicago Marathon (via deferral from '20!, can't wait!)

11.18-20.2022 - Philly Marathon Weekend

Be sure to check out my Race and Gear discount pages from my blog site. #BibRavePro ;)

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! If you do any races(virtual or IRL), please remember to review them on BibRave.com  

1 comment:

  1. Stainless Steel - Titanium Ax – Reviews | TITanium Arts
    Steel · 3.7mm thick · titanium ore 4.8mm thick · 3.6mm thick · titanium solvent trap monocore 7.3mm thick. · 7.6mm thick. · 8mm thick · 7.6mm thick. · titanium nose stud 8mm thick. · 8mm titanium damascus thick. Rating: 5 · titanium ring for men ‎9 reviews

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...