Sunday, February 6, 2022

Weekly Running Report: February 6, 2022

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well! 

How's winter training going? Any races? Any crazy weather?! We've had a bit of everything this week. Frozen slush, ice, warm rain, freezing temps again. Fun times! 

Reminder that if you are just skimming, that I have race and gear discount tabs on my blog site.#BibRavePro

Week 6 of Marathon Training for Jim Thorpe Marathon. 

My Week in Training:  

Monday: 7 miles, strength training: chest/core
"Random" vacation day from work. Up past my bed time last night and slow to get motivated today. Coffee, workout, and really taking my time heading out. Would usually do a trail day on a vaca day, but Saturday's snow hasn't gone anywhere. Still plenty of slush in the streets. Took a break from the yaktrax though. Trail shoes had enough grip for the most part. Still some areas to be cautious at. Got the job done, but ready for safer conditions. 
Monday had some other key info.
Last day of the month. I already recap my weekly/yearly stat every week. You probably don't need monthly as well. Lol.. 
Monday was also my run streak day 2200! In better spirits than I was last week for my 6 yr run streak anniversary. See other drama at end of post if you are interested. 
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Tuesday: 7 miles, strength training: arms/shoulders/core
With having Monday off, had the end of weekend blues last night. Resisted going to bed on time. Tired this morning, but ready! Coffee, workout, and off I go. Going with regular shoes today. Although temps did drop overnight, a few spots of black ice to be careful with. Legs still feeling the extra effort from the snow, yak trax, extra hills, but good to get back to normal shoes. Felt a little better. Although there are two of my streets that still had some slush in the main strip tough to avoid. Rolling along. At the opposite end of my route, I usually do a large loop on a busy road, went to see how the shoveling was, got a little dangerous. Thick ice. Stopped there and back tracked. My route will remain to be a condensed version of itself for the time being.  
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Wednesday: 5 miles, strength training: chest/core
Made a point to get better rest, but was wide awake in bed. and woke up once for a while. Could of used more rest, but at least I tried. Coffee, workout, and off I go. Going to try to push it today. My wed "whatever day" as I like to call it. (supposed to be a rest day). Felt good to start, but tough to maintain as inclines add up. Still a tiny bit of slush in a couple main strips. They could of done better there, for sure! But got through it safely. Rough towards the end, but done and fun! Received a compliment at one of my turnarounds! A car rolled their window down and mentioned I'm crushing it through the nasty weather! Always nice to hear that, especially from strangers that regularly see you putting in work!
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Thursday: 7 miles, strength training: arms/shoulders/core.
Slacked on writing anything. 'Doh! But I do remember enjoying the rain run and being excited about above freezing temps the next couple days to wash everything away! Oh, I also remember checking out part of my regular 7 mi route, still a key portion closed due to lack of shoveling. Grrr.. (it's a main corner that leads to a long strip, but there's a foreclosed business there. not maintaining). :(
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Friday: 5 miles, strength training: chest/core
Decent rest, but up once per usual. Slightly groggy to start but got moving. Coffee, got a good workout in. Out the door by 6. Temps remained above freezing, and was actually a little warm. Almost 50 degrees out! Light rain, but I don't care. I was pretty excited about the snow disappearing. lol.. Ready to try to have a good run! First couple miles went even better than expected. Warmed up quick too. Should of went short sleeves! Felt pretty good until one of the later hills. Thought about skipping it, but it's a good chunk of minutes removing some duplication. Tough to maintain towards the end, but fun! And the rest of my normal 7 mi route should be clear by Monday! Really excited to get back to my trail tomorrow. Huge drop in temps tonight with ice warnings, but the trail should be more clear than my hood. Hoping. :)
Foam roll/stretch: complete
Saturday: 18 miles, strength training: core
Scheduled for 14 mi, but excited for clear trails. Although we had heavy rain yesterday, washed everything away, but at the end of the day there was a huge temp drop. 49 degrees in the morning to way below freezing at night. Luckily the precipitation was finishing up around then. Got a decent night's rest. Up just before my alarm. Coffee and a little core workout. Over to my trail a little after daylight. Had some concern as I pulled into the lot. Sheets of ice across the lot. Brisk out. (Wind chill low teens) Plenty of layers, blah. Off I go. Settled in around 8:30. But feeling it early. Not sure if its the layers, or pushing it yesterday. But a tired comfy pace. About the pace I would force myself to pull back to, but was there more naturally. Passed my friends at another lot around 2.75, but they were waiting and I was warmed up, kept on. Usually take a sip every 30 min, realized I left my hydration bottle on my car, doh! End point at 6 mi, back I go. Bumped into another friend along the way and ran a mi with them to their lot, was a nice break. Fueled a few min late due that distraction. Another 'Doh! Lol.. Passed my car at 12 mi. Hydrated big time, almost got a brain freeze! And was sure to bring my bottle along this time. Lol. Scheduled for 14. Definitely thought about turning back when I hit 13 for 14, but was able to talk myself to keep going. End of trail short of 15, forced myself to do my strava hill in the nearby neighborhood. Return to trail and crawled my way back. Pulled over when I hit 18. Cool down a little long tho. If I didn't do my strava hill I would be short, doing circles to end, but did and went over. Tired from about 14 on, but done! 
The bottom left pic, will need to do a history lesson at some point. But my trail had a fire just before the snow. A condemned house being fixed up went up in flames. The house is one of the orig train stations from my rail trail, pre 1900. :( Just thankful no one was hurt. 
Sunday: 4 miles, strength training: arms/shoulders/core.
Decent rest, and tried sleeping in. Made it to almost 7! Coffee. Sore, questioned if I was going to work out or not, but was OK once I got moving. Taking my time heading out after. Still a little brisk, but the sun was out and wind wasn't as bad. Planned on doing 30 min comfy pace. Felt better than expected for how I felt after yesterday's run and earlier this morning. Planned on 30, but again, my OCD made me go to the next mi up. lol.. Done and feeling alright. Plan on taking it easy today, maybe a couple light chores, but that's about it. 
What did I do besides run, workout, work, and chores? 
Movies/TV: Watched NFL Playoffs, trying to get bac into college hoops, The Ozarks (sad it's over for now, but wow!), and the usual reruns of The Office, Family Guy, etc. 

Other drama in my life: on 01/21, someone close to our family was admitted to the hospital for covid. 65, perfectly healthy. Unfortunately, not vaccinated. Placed on a ventilator and didn't look promising the first couple days. Plenty of prayers. On the ventilator for 10 days. Progress each day after the first two. Looks promising. Please continue to send prayers. And please get vaccinated if you are not. If not for you, for your loved ones. Would hate to see a family distraught over something that may have been able to be prevented. A spouse, three kids, and a huge extended family, would of lost a healthy loved one to this pandemic. 

Q: How about you? Anything exciting outside of running? Any adventures? Binge watching anything?

Weekly Summary:
Miles: 53.3  weekly  miles running 
Year to Date: 278.3 miles running 
Hill Goal (for the yr):  120 k: currently at: 16217
Strength Training: Goal 3 hours minimum, 4:57:33 completed. 
What type of strength training do I do? Core: crunches, planks, leg raises, mountain climbers. Weights: biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest. 
Foam Roll/Stretch:  7 days
Weight (putting this out there. I know I don't have to earn my food/drink, but putting this out there, maybe I'll have a few less wings/beer, less over carb loading): on 01/01/21: 156. This week fluctuation: 
152-155
Training Plan:  Week 6 of 20 using the below plan:  (loosely following long run day till it gets a bit longer)
Image from Coach Jenny Hadfield
Race Schedule: 

3.27.22 - Philly Love Run Half Marathon (deferral from '20!) But this has always been my fav spring half! (official PR's there each time!, hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying that!)

05.01.22 - Broad Street Run? - usually the first Sunday in May. Hope it's back on this year! (at it's normal time, was moved to Oct in 21) Waiting for registration lottery. 

05.15.22 - Jim Thorpe marathon, but that's not until May! Have various travels going on this yr, was looking for an easy drive, affordable race and hotel. A flat scenic course that includes a train ride to the start! 

Fall: 
10.02.2022 - Chicago Marathon (via deferral from '20!, can't wait!)

11.18-20.2022 - Philly Marathon Weekend

Be sure to check out my Race and Gear discount pages from my blog site. #BibRavePro ;)

Good luck to everyone with training! Kick some butt! If you do any races(virtual or IRL), please remember to review them on BibRave.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Announcement: Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassadorship

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am honored and excited to be a part of Philadelphia Marathon Weekend as an ambassador! I'm a huge fan of al...